PDA

View Full Version : Whats a multicam 48 Worth?

Paul Wesley
01-06-2010, 9:55 AM
Ok so I worked in a sign shop it went under the boss gives me a mutlicam 48 as a severance the machine is complete minus a collet , collet nut and software . I don't have room for it or 3 phase power . It is complete and I am told it just needs controller software from multicam which I also cant afford . So my question is whats it really worth I have it on a trailer right now and the wife hates it . so What should I ask for it realistically?

Guy Mathews
01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Where are you located?

A quick search of Craigslist and ebay brings up various prices from the low to the high. Sounds like a good candidate for a retro fit. As long as the gantry and the frame are in good shape. On a trailer? How rusted up is it if it is. Has it been under a tarp outside or in a garage on the trailer? Some photos woul help as well.

Best thing to do is a little research and auction it off on eBay IMHO.

Guy

Paul Wesley
01-06-2010, 10:31 AM
Vandalia Il 70 miles east of st louis

Keith Outten
01-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Paul,

If you post pictures and any more detail then this becomes a classified advertisement.

Neal Schlee
01-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Ok so I worked in a sign shop it went under the boss gives me a mutlicam 48 as a severance the machine is complete minus a collet , collet nut and software . I don't have room for it or 3 phase power . It is complete and I am told it just needs controller software from multicam which I also cant afford . So my question is whats it really worth I have it on a trailer right now and the wife hates it . so What should I ask for it realistically?

You should only really need the DNC file transfer software to run this machine via a serial cable using Windows 98. It looks to be an early Multicam and it's Servo driven to boot, most are stepper, but I believe they used the same controller board and software. The factory should be able to give you more info if you have the serial number.

Hard to say what it's worth, there's alot of old iron on the market now especially with the economy in the crapper. It'd be worth more if it was setup and operational. Collets and cover nuts are readily available for the Perske spindle.

Neal

Paul Wesley
01-06-2010, 2:52 PM
sorry about the pics I didn't realize . its not an ad . if I had the money I would retrofit it but as I am currently unemployed now I don't . I just wanted to know what a machine like this would go for realistically.

Michael Schwartz
01-06-2010, 5:25 PM
I would research what the machine cost to begin with and ask somewhere around 50% of that and go from there. I would get quotes for the exact costs to put it back into service as well.

I don't know how an older MultiCam would compare to equipment that is currently on the market, which may further reduce the price depending on what kind of upgrades a buyer might want to preform.

There are a few examples to use as a comparable on google and the rest is just math. I would call Multi CAM and find out what they sold these for as well.

Paul Wesley
01-06-2010, 6:03 PM
just got done trying to call multicam after a half hour got though to grapevine tx just to be told to call the great lakes office haha no surprise there no answer well Ill try again tomorrow . The 1 I did find online was a retro fit for 20k but I know its not worth that

Roy Hesse
01-07-2010, 11:12 AM
What year is the Multicam, can possibly help you with the software.

Paul Wesley
01-07-2010, 3:20 PM
I believe its 1995