PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying a chisel

Pat Zabrocki
01-05-2010, 8:09 AM
I've looked in my John Walter book and googled until my fingers are numb but I'm obviously not putting in the right search criteria so maybe some one here can help. I suspect this will be an easy one for some of you.

I have a few neat Stanley sweetheart chisels. They look like 750's but have the sweetheart logo. Does anyone know what number these are? My guess is a 760 but they do not have a number, just the logo. Thanks for the help.

thanks
Pat

James Taglienti
01-05-2010, 8:45 AM
They might just be 750's from the Sweethart era. After all SW was just a stamp, the tools didn't change. Just the logo.

Jim Koepke
01-05-2010, 10:16 AM
I think Stanley made a lot of chisels without markings.

I have a 750 for sale on ebay, but it is marked 750. I have another, not for sale, that is not marked, but it is distinctive enough to identify.

A lot of the chisels were marked as one thing or another by their length or other matter of style.

These only need handles to make them good users.

If you did want to sell them, many would want them just because of the SW stamp.

jim

Pat Zabrocki
01-05-2010, 2:20 PM
I think Stanley made a lot of chisels without markings.

I have a 750 for sale on ebay, but it is marked 750. I have another, not for sale, that is not marked, but it is distinctive enough to identify.

A lot of the chisels were marked as one thing or another by their length or other matter of style.

These only need handles to make them good users.

If you did want to sell them, many would want them just because of the SW stamp.

jim

I've made quite a few handles and sold them on ebay as well. And I'm with you on the SW mark adding the value. That's probably why I'll keep them, they are just so cool looking. I do have a duplicate or two that I'll put on ebay so I want to know what the handle should be. if its a 750 style, i think i have some extras that will work.
thanks
pat