PDA

View Full Version : Hand Tool" Find" Gloat

Callan Campbell
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm kidding about the 'found' part. I was given an old metal toolbox at my work that was going to be thrown out during a cleaning some years back.[Maybe Callan wants that old junk]:rolleyes: I poked around inside of it, made a note to go through it when I had some time. Well, that was a few years ago, like maybe 7 or 8. Luckily, I had sprayed some oil on all the metal surfaces that I saw before stowing it away. I finally started going through it in my basement shop now that it's really cold outside and I have plenty of time in front of a small heater at my workbench. That damn box had 2 very nice EA Berg tang bench chisels, a Dastra socket chisel, a Stanley eggbeater drill with a FULL handle of drill bits inside of it, a very decent Stanley 220 block plane and a fair Sargent Hercules 14" Jack Plane, an earlier version with the regular black japanning , not the very green ones that were towards the end of production. One large Stanley Screwdriver with a black handle, an unknown steel plumb bob and some assorted screwdrivers. Who'd a thought it, 2 Swedish chisels and a German Dastra socket chisel in one old galvanized toolbox, plus the other stuff to boot. Thanks to SMC for teaching me about Berg Chisels and Dastra Edge tools, I had never heard of them until I joined this forum
And it was all meant for the dumpster at one point:eek::eek::eek:

David Gendron
01-04-2010, 11:36 PM
Ok, Ok! Anought bragging and show us pictures of that "treasur chest" and it's contant!

Callan Campbell
01-04-2010, 11:45 PM
I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow and post them.