PDA

View Full Version : New Dewalt Combo Pak heads up!

Gene Collison
10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
Included in today's newspaper was an ad from HD. They are advertising a new Dewalt combo pak that includes 1 ea Dewalt 14.4V XRP Hammerdrill and 1 ea Dewalt 14.4V impact driver, 2 batteries, charger and bag for $229.
Sheesh, I paid $209 for my Makita impact driver alone. I love that tool, it is compact and drives 6" lag screws with ease without any twist on my wrist. It also doesn't chew up phillip head screws like a driver drill does. Don't see how you can go wrong on this one!

Gene

John Miliunas
10-14-2004, 2:26 PM
Yikes! Good price, indeed, but don't think that I could get that past LOML. I guess it may be on account of the 5 cordless drills (including hers), the corded hammer drill and another corded drill over by the lathe! :D :cool:

Charles McKinley
10-15-2004, 1:16 PM
John,

Buy the kit and ebay the drill. See Problem Solved. :D

Kelly C. Hanna
08-01-2005, 8:04 PM
Yep, most everyone that has DW stuff on ebay daily is doing just that. They buy the big contractor bag kit and split everything up into single items and make over $200 in the process.

I've never seen a cordless impact driver that will drive 3/8"x6" lags into SYP whether treated or not. Only the big Milwaukee would do it. What kind of lags are you driving and into what?

Steve Ash
08-01-2005, 8:11 PM
Well it's been a while and I hope they have their problems fixed....but I bought ( and so did my son) a Dewalt cordless drill with extra batteries, they had a recall on them because the batteries caught on fire in the charger. Of course both of my batteries and both of my son's did the meltdown...(man they stink when they get fried) So now we both have very little used cordless drills.... a charger...and I have a real nice radio that doubles as a charger, and no batteries to put in them.
My understanding is Dewalt will go good for batteries that are faulty if you have a receipt....I never keep those receipts around for very long!

Corey Hallagan
08-01-2005, 9:27 PM
In the past they had the Makita drill/driver and impact wrench combo for sale. I think they had the 12V set up for 199. and then 14.4 volt set up for 249 or something like that. MY HD had a whole stack of them.

Corey