PDA

View Full Version : I'm guilty

harry strasil
01-04-2010, 7:26 PM
There is a post on the tailed forum about New Yankee Workshop episodes being on line. #1 is presently being shown.

I started to watch it then I quit. I used to watch the starting of some episodes way back when. I really enjoyed watching him go to some place or antique store where I could see the originals he was going to copy and then turned to a movie or something after he was done with the scouting mission.

Any body else guilty?

Chris S Anderson
01-04-2010, 7:47 PM
I was engrossed by this show when I was a kid, and I watched every episode I could on Sundays? I don't think I got up at all during the show, as there wasn't any commercials, and I have a few shows on my computer now that I have watched.

Same goes for This Old House.

Leigh Betsch
01-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I have to admit that I'm guilty of Never! watching an episode of the New Yankee Workshop. It was on in the mornings around here and I just can't stand watching TV when I have other things to do. I also don't watch any sports on TV. David Marks well that was a different story...

george wilson
01-04-2010, 11:21 PM
I just can't get into watching that show. That is not an insult. It just doesn't grab me.

Bob Glenn
01-05-2010, 10:10 AM
I appreciate Norm's contribution to art, however, I don't have shop room or the budget for all the equipment he uses.

Also, I get a little tired of seeing the same thing on every show, such as cutting tenons on a table saw, centering a groove on the edge of a board on table saw, or machining yet another piece of wood.

I think Norm has realized the same thing since he's ending the series.

James Carmichael
01-05-2010, 10:20 AM
I'm way guilty then, I've DVRed episodes and watch them. I never watched at all until about a year ago.

But then, my knuckles don't touch the floor, either. I love hand tools and techniques, but time and skills are lacking.

harry strasil
01-05-2010, 10:46 AM
I have never watched a full episode, but as I used to work 6 days a week and Ol Roy came on on Saturday Mornings, I taped all of them for viewing later.

Eddie Darby
01-05-2010, 1:41 PM
The worst shod kids on the street are the shoemaker's kids.

The house that needs painting belongs to the painter.

The thatchers house needs a new roof!

Me I watch Gilligan's Island Re-runs!:D