PDA

View Full Version : Home Depot Coupon

Bob Haskett
01-04-2010, 5:04 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a 10% (or maybe even 20%) off Home Depot Coupon? Besides the moving coupon, as it takes 4-5 weeks for delivery.

Thanks

Mick David
01-04-2010, 5:15 PM
Go to the post office and grab the change of address pack they have near the front desk. There's a 10% off Lowe's coupon that HD will match, assuming you have both in your area.

Josh Reet
01-04-2010, 5:49 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a 10% (or maybe even 20%) off Home Depot Coupon? Besides the moving coupon, as it takes 4-5 weeks for delivery.

Thanks

The 20% coupons are a myth these days. Anyone who tells you that they can get you one is probably lying or selling you a forged one. I have heard that many (all?) HD's have stopped accepting them due to fraud. Though YMMV on that.

Your best bet is what Mick suggests, get a Lowes coupon and have HD match it.

Bob Haskett
01-04-2010, 6:28 PM
Go to the post office and grab the change of address pack they have near the front desk. There's a 10% off Lowe's coupon that HD will match, assuming you have both in your area.

Thanks, got one this way just now. Funny how I always have a few 10% off HD coupons when I have no money to spend, and they expire a week or two before I need them...

John A. Callaway
01-04-2010, 9:49 PM
I read on another forum that they honor the Harbor Freight coupons in the car mags.... 20 % off.

Dunno if its true or not. I was hoping for a table saw for christmas... But I am gonna try the HF coupon when the tax return comes...

Bruce Wrenn
01-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Go to the post office and grab the change of address pack they have near the front desk. There's a 10% off Lowe's coupon that HD will match, assuming you have both in your area.Newer moving kits don't have actual coupon in them- boo hoo!

Mike Cruz
01-06-2010, 8:19 AM
My HD would not honor a HF 20% off coupon. I brought them a 10% off Lowes coupon and said ,"I'd rather give YOU my money. Can you beat it? I got 15% off a 15kw generator that listed for $2250. That brought the price to about $1900! That extra 5% was basically the tax. Worth it to me!

Josh Reet
01-06-2010, 1:50 PM
HD (or Lowes) honoring a Harbor Freight coupon is a big YMMV (your mileage may vary). It all depends on how nice, or stupid, the manager is at your local store. HF is not really a "competitor" in the way that Lowes and HD are with each other. So a lot of the stores will shut you down for even asking.

Brian Kent
07-20-2010, 2:17 PM
I tried the Post Office. The Change of Address is now online. No coupon packets.

John Pratt
07-20-2010, 5:16 PM
Have you ever served in the Military? HD offers an automatic 10% for those who served. I just used it yesterday.

Gene Howe
07-20-2010, 5:30 PM
My HD would not honor a HF 20% off coupon. I brought them a 10% off Lowes coupon and said ,"I'd rather give YOU my money. Can you beat it? I got 15% off a 15kw generator that listed for $2250. That brought the price to about $1900! That extra 5% was basically the tax. Worth it to me!

WoW, our sales tax is 9.1....depending on the city and county. Not real sure, but I believe the state's rate is more than 5% and the cities and counties add to that.

Robert McGowen
07-20-2010, 5:31 PM
Home Depot policy is that they beat a competitor's lower price by 10%. Take the Lowe's coupon to Home Depot, have them match the 10% off price at Lowe's and then take 10% off of THAT price because of their "beat by 10% policy." I have never been told no, but I have had to explain. It is, after all, their written policy.

Craig D Peltier
07-22-2010, 12:50 AM
WoW, our sales tax is 9.1....depending on the city and county. Not real sure, but I believe the state's rate is more than 5% and the cities and counties add to that.

In mass its something like %5 or it was up to 1 year ago or so.

Mitchell Andrus
07-22-2010, 8:32 AM

Thanks

Bring a vet or active duty friend. Show the military service ID card for 10% off.

Gary Redden
07-22-2010, 9:38 AM
Bring a vet or active duty friend. Show the military service ID card for 10% off.

That is only from my experience at Lowes. HD does not give military discounts except during certain times of the year. Lowes corporate policy is to always give military discounts but you have to show an ID and ask for it. They are not allowed to ask or promote the discount. This is why I tend to go to one over the other.

Gary

John Pratt
07-22-2010, 10:46 AM
That is only from my experience at Lowes. HD does not give military discounts except during certain times of the year. Lowes corporate policy is to always give military discounts but you have to show an ID and ask for it. They are not allowed to ask or promote the discount. This is why I tend to go to one over the other.

Gary

That was HD's policy for a while (at least here) with only discounts offered at different time of the year, like Veterans Day. But that changed when Lowes started offering it more often. I live in a Military community and they offer the 10% discount at HD year round.

Todd Murray
07-23-2010, 2:21 PM

Gary

At least at my HD, they give 10% military discount, but you have to ask.