PDA

View Full Version : Picture frame for fishing photo

James Jaragosky
01-04-2010, 2:24 PM
After getting the laserbuzz software I was inspired to create some of my own picture frames. Here is my first.
Your comments and suggestions for improvement are welcome and encourage.
Please be as brutally honest as necessary.
Jim J

Darryl Jacobs
01-04-2010, 3:04 PM
Hi James,

Great concept and I really like the idea of the fish in the weeds cutting into the photo area.

One way to enhance this would be to cut the fish border out completely and glue it on top of the frame as a seperate piece (maybe a different material the the base frame. It adds a step, but would really set off the frame nicely.

You have done all the hard work in corel already so the extra step of gluing a couple of pieces together would not be that much more work.

Cheers!

Darryl

James Jaragosky
01-04-2010, 3:43 PM
Hi James,

Great concept and I really like the idea of the fish in the weeds cutting into the photo area.

One way to enhance this would be to cut the fish border out completely and glue it on top of the frame as a seperate piece (maybe a different material the the base frame. It adds a step, but would really set off the frame nicely.

You have done all the hard work in corel already so the extra step of gluing a couple of pieces together would not be that much more work.

Cheers!

Darryl
Thanks for the input
I have added another layer with the backer cutout.

Linda Tetreault
01-04-2010, 3:44 PM
James,

Thank you, my brother's a "fish-a-holic" & he's gonna love it.

Happy New Year!:)

James Jaragosky
01-04-2010, 3:51 PM
James,

Thank you, my brother's a "fish-a-holic" & he's gonna love it.

Happy New Year!:)
Your welcome Linda.
I have been known to drop a line myself.

Rowan Hay
01-04-2010, 7:40 PM
Nice work James. There are lots of Fishermen ( & fisherwoman ) who will enjoy it.
Heres a twist on your idea

James Jaragosky
01-04-2010, 7:49 PM
Nice work James. There are lots of Fishermen ( & fisherwoman ) who will enjoy it.
Heres a twist on your idea
I downloaded your file but all I can see is 1 layer named dummylayer with nothing on it.
am I doing something wrong?

Rowan Hay
01-05-2010, 4:55 AM
Hi James, I don't know???? I opened it fine and saved it and opened it.
Sorry I don't know why?

Harlan Kilbourn
01-05-2010, 8:15 AM
James,

Appears to be Corel X4, Saved as Corel 10

Harlan

James Jaragosky
01-05-2010, 6:49 PM
James,

Appears to be Corel X4, Saved as Corel 10

Harlan
Thanks Harlan, that did the trick.
Rowan, Nice addition to my design. I am working om others at the moment. I will post if i come with anything that looks promising.

AL Ursich
01-05-2010, 7:09 PM
Now I see it too in corel 10.....

Thanks,

AL:D

corel 12

Jerry Hewett
01-05-2010, 8:11 PM
Nice layouts, Thanks for sharing the files!

Mike Christen
01-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Nice work James, thanks for sharing.
Nice twist also Rowan

Might just have to make one for all my trophy fish I have caught over the years :D. The only problem I have is my camera broke every time I took a picture hehehehe.