PDA

View Full Version : some good news.

keith ouellette
01-03-2010, 4:23 PM
right before christmas I put up a thread about how I lost an account and the miserable way I was treated when told I was being let go. Before this we actually just made enough money to pay the bills each month not baring any extra work I could pick up on the side.

I just found out today that our mortgage escrow went down by almost the same exact amount we lost from the account so we are dead even again. Not to mention we received and good size check for the overage that we paid. which is good because i hadn't been able to save anything up for self employment taxes last year so now I have money to pay taxes too.

Jim Rimmer
01-03-2010, 5:03 PM
God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform. Great news for you and a good start to the new year.

Steve Schlumpf
01-03-2010, 5:11 PM
Keith - hopefully this is just the beginning of many good things yet to come!

Brian Kent
01-03-2010, 5:18 PM
That is wonderful news. Thanks for letting us know!

Brian

David Christopher
01-03-2010, 5:18 PM
Keith, thats great news...hope things keep going your way

Greg Peterson
01-03-2010, 5:23 PM
Very good news on which start the new year.

Von Bickley
01-03-2010, 6:20 PM
I love hearing "Good News"....... We don't get to hear much good news these days.

I'm glad for you.....

Chris S Anderson
01-03-2010, 6:29 PM
I am sure many creekers prayed for you. Now, when you get a new account, you will be swimming in gravy.

brent warner
01-03-2010, 6:35 PM
I believe things usually work out,and it looks like it did !!!

brent

keith ouellette
01-03-2010, 9:15 PM
thanks all.

When I looked at the mortgage statement and then opened the refund check I was a little shocked.

I'm probably never gonna be rich but as I look back on my life I have to admit, over all, things generally even out for me even if I don't realize it right off. I suppose one shouldn't need to win the lottery to feel blessed.

Jim Becker
01-03-2010, 9:32 PM
There you go! A little good news for the new year is always welcome.... :)

I'm seriously jealous, however...our monthly escrow just went up several hundred a month due to the effect our major addition had on taxes and insurance. Oh, well... :o

Jim O'Dell
01-03-2010, 10:40 PM
Excellent news Keith! And it is true that God works in mysterious ways.
On the escrow thought, when we bought our current house 5 1/2 years ago, we chose not to escrow our insurance and taxes. Our mortgage company on the previous house never could get it close. Up a hundred one year, down a hundred twenty the next, followed by going up a hundred fifty the next. You'd think over 22 years they could get it evened out pretty close.:confused: Jim.

keith ouellette
01-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Excellent news Keith! And it is true that God works in mysterious ways.
On the escrow thought, when we bought our current house 5 1/2 years ago, we chose not to escrow our insurance and taxes. Our mortgage company on the previous house never could get it close. Up a hundred one year, down a hundred twenty the next, followed by going up a hundred fifty the next. You'd think over 22 years they could get it evened out pretty close.:confused: Jim.

Mine changed because of a wind mitigation form I had an engineer fill out last year. It got me a discount on my insurance and a few hundred back from the insurance company but at the time it didn't change our mortgage at all. When i called about it I was told I would have to wait till the escrow account was reviewed at the end of the year.

I completely forgot about it so it was a real big surprise.

Neal Clayton
01-04-2010, 12:18 AM
luck you keith. i had been paying an extra few hundred a month on my mortgage for the last couple of years and noticed in the past couple of months that my principal wasn't going down, so checked into it and found out that my taxes had gone up by as much as the extra i was paying :(.

Gene Howe
01-04-2010, 8:41 AM
Wow, Neil. Taxes going up a few hundred a month? What a shocker.

Mike Wilkins
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Good news to start the new year. Remember this quote:
"The road of adversity is often paved with the golden bricks of opportunity".

Neal Clayton
01-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Wow, Neil. Taxes going up a few hundred a month? What a shocker.

yeah, they catch up eventually. the previous owners of this house had lived here for almost 20 years, so of course i initially got the same rate they were paying for property taxes. took them a few years to catch up to the appreciation over that time and how much more i paid for the place than the previous owners did decades ago, but they figured it out this past year :(.

Phyllis Meyer
01-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Keith,

When one door closes, a window opens...of course I believe God does all that! Enjoy the Blessings! Happy New Year!

Phyllis:)