PDA

View Full Version : CO2 Nail Gun kits

Pete Schupska
01-02-2010, 6:19 PM
Hey all, looking for a little help locating a regulator kit for the CO2 tanks for paintball guns to connect one to a pneumatic nail gun.

If anyone has any experience, or a source for something like this, I would appreciate it. My Amazon searches came up with one, fairly expensive option.

Thanks in advance,
-Pete

Steve King
01-02-2010, 6:27 PM
Lowe's has them, about $90.00. They work great for finish and brad nail guns.
Steve

Pete Schupska
01-02-2010, 6:50 PM
Success! Kobalt! I knew it was one of the more common brands.

Any experience using them with a framing nailer? I've got some deer blinds to build this spring, and don't really want to haul a generator and air compressor.

Jamie Buxton
01-02-2010, 7:25 PM
Any experience using them with a framing nailer? I've got some deer blinds to build this spring, and don't really want to haul a generator and air compressor.

You'll go through a lot of CO2 bottles running doing framing. You'd do better with a Paslode or one of its competitors. They use gas to drive the nails. Or you might consider the old fashioned way: a muscle-powered hammer. It is a little slower, but the price is real good.

Pete Schupska
01-02-2010, 8:28 PM
According to the manual it will do:

From some other reviews, it seems the 9oz numbers are a little high and the 20oz numbers are a little low, maybe 30% in each direction.
http://www.krgenterprises.com/co2.jpg

Justin Freund
01-03-2010, 2:41 PM
I use mine with a 20oz cylinder and get maybe 150 shots out of my 15ga finish nailer. I think you'd have issues with a framing nailer. That chart seriously overestimates the amount of shots you get. Don't get me wrong, I love my kit, but it has its limitations. My next step is to get a bigger HPA tank and an adapter for the SCBA cascade at work so I can fill the bottle myself and get more air.