PDA

View Full Version : Clock

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2010, 5:43 PM
Well having a clock shop I went out and found a piece of pine 2 X 12. Turned it into a platter of which I then made a clock. Finished with 8 coats of wipe on poly and buffed. Turned out pretty good or at least as soon as it was dry the LOML took it and it is hanging in her office.

Steve Schlumpf
01-02-2010, 5:46 PM
Looks great Bernie! Glad your wife liked it! Does this mean you have to turn one for the shop - again? Looking forward to seeing the shop clock!

David E Keller
01-02-2010, 6:06 PM
That's cool. Post some pics of the one you turn to replace it:D

Ted Calver
01-02-2010, 6:16 PM
Bernie...You're retired now. You don't need a clock--just a calendar. :) :)

Pete Jordan
01-02-2010, 6:24 PM
Nice Bernie,

Don't forget, Monday morning is Saturday!

John Keeton
01-02-2010, 7:17 PM
Nice clock, Bernie, but I am with Ted on this one. You don't need a clock, heck, you don't even need a calendar! Just a window. When it get dark, its time to come in for supper - at least this time of year!

Bill Bolen
01-02-2010, 7:30 PM
Quite the pretty project. Gotta agree about its usefulness to a retired guy though. The only way I can keep track of the day of the week anymore is trying to remember if it is trash day or not...Bill..

Toney Robertson
01-02-2010, 8:24 PM
Good job Bernie.

A very useful item that can be turned. I have got to remember that.

Toney

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2010, 8:24 PM
Thanks. I had a friend that wants one out of walnut or maple so wanted to try one for practice. I sure don't need a clock in the shop with the 40 or so I have out there to repair or that are repaired. Haven't wore my watch since the last day. So don't need a calendar cause the LOML will tell me where to be and don't need a watch cause she will also tell me when I need to be there.:D;):rolleyes::cool:

Richard Madison
01-02-2010, 8:36 PM
Nice clock Bernie. Pine is underrated.

+1 on being told where to be and when to be there. Sometimes would like a little more advance notice.