PDA

View Full Version : christmas presents 2009

John Nowack
01-02-2010, 2:17 PM
have not posted in a while but thought I share--tried a little carving and knife makeing

2009 Christmas presents minus a few wine stoppers--fist try at a hand made knife for Dad, mesquite Burl handle with a hand made leather sheath (had a guard get one of the women at the prison in OK to hand cut leather and stamp it, I made the knife) bell ornaments from walnut ceder and maple..wood bowl --peppermills of solid walnut and cherry ash laminate--small salt and pepper shakers make out of scrap pieces of the oak banisters out of my mom and dads house

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2010, 2:44 PM
All are great looking pieces. I really like the mills John and the bowl is really nice.

Steve Schlumpf
01-02-2010, 2:49 PM
Very nice work on everything John! Love the bowl! Great looking knife! I am sure everyone was thrilled to receive the gifts! Thanks for sharing!

David E Keller
01-02-2010, 5:29 PM
Looks like a great Christmas for the Novaks. I like all of the pieces, but the knife is really interesting. Thanks for posting.

Dave Halter
01-02-2010, 6:14 PM
Great stuff John. Remind me to get on your Christmas list.

Dave

Bill Bolen
01-02-2010, 7:35 PM
Looks as if there were some mighty happy folks around your Christmas tree. Lovely projects all...Bill..