PDA

View Full Version : K Cups for Keurig, best place to find good prices?

Craig D Peltier
01-02-2010, 11:00 AM
Anyone find a good place online ( cheap) to order the cups. I see amazon has some with free shipping. I was looking for green mtn blends though. Best prices seem to be around .50 cents a cup. Anyone find a better price? Or maybe big bulk?

Thanks

Josh Reet
01-02-2010, 11:06 AM
50 cents is about the best I have found. I order from Amazon.

Matt Meiser
01-02-2010, 11:43 AM
I've just bought them from their own store which wasn't too bad with promotional pricing--I think about what Josh paid.

Lately, since Starbucks has the Christmas blend out, I've been using my reusable filter a lot. In fact, I think I'll head into the house now...

Ted Calver
01-02-2010, 1:41 PM
We just bought some from Bed,Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupons we always get in the mail. Also Kohl's carries them and often sends out coupons. Haven't compared them to Amazon. We also use the refillable cannister with our own fresh ground coffee--which is really tastey.

Josh Reet
01-02-2010, 1:48 PM
We just bought some from Bed,Bath and Beyond with the 20% off coupons we always get in the mail. Also Kohl's carries them and often sends out coupons. Haven't compared them to Amazon. We also use the refillable cannister with our own fresh ground coffee--which is really tastey.

The thing I don't like about buying from BB&B is that I wonder how long they have been sitting on the shelf. I realize that sealed in the little cups, it shouldn't matter as much. But I can't help thinking that having stock that turns over more often means better coffee for me.

Pat Germain
01-02-2010, 4:31 PM
Costco has the K-cups for about .45 each. But you have to buy 108 of them at a time.

Matt Meiser
01-02-2010, 7:09 PM
Costco also doesn't have much selection. I think ours only has one Caribou blend. I happen to like it, but others too.

Walter Plummer
01-02-2010, 7:20 PM
We order from shoffee.com at work. If your order is large enough they send a grab bag of samples of other flavors to try. Free shipping over $60.00 for home use.

Jared Larrow
01-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Craig -

I've purchased enough k-cups from Keurig.com that I get a 15% discount on all purchases. If I buy enough full boxes at a time, I get free shipping as well. Depending on how much coffee you go through, it might be worth sticking to their website.

Hope this helps -

Jared

Guy Mathews
01-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Craig,

I use both the K cups and the My K Cup filter attachment for my Keurig Special Edition. Best price on K cups I have found has been 50 cents.

With the filter, you can use your own blends of coffee and it works as well as the K cups, but you do have to empty the grinds and wash the filter. Cold running water between cups for the day and each night in the dishwasher.
I buy the Dunkin Donuts 1 pound bags when they are on sale locally for 4.99. A one pound bag gives me about 30 cups of coffee. Roughly 17 cents a cup using the filter. The filters are in the catalog and you can get them online at Keurig for 14.95.

I am sure you can buy Green Mountain Blend by the pound. You will have to play with the amount of coffee to get the flavor just right, but after that is figured out, it's all good to the last drop! Oh wait, that's Maxwell House isn't it?:D

Hope this helps you out.

Guy

Roger Jensen
01-04-2010, 10:29 PM
Amazon offers a 15% discount off of the 50 cents/cup price if you subscribe for future shipments. You get an email before they ship in case you don't want it. I get a shipment every two months.

Roger

Craig D Peltier
01-05-2010, 7:50 AM
Thanks for all the tips. My folks got one this xmas. Works great! Theres came with the DIY filter as well.
I will check. Seems like best price is the magical .50. Wonder if anyone offers free shipping, there pretty light.

Roger Jensen
01-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Another option is to refill existing k-cups. Do a search on my-kap and look for the site that has lids for k-cups. They have a video on their site. I haven't tried it (I don't mind the 50 cent option and any refill option seems messy), but if I wanted to save money on refills I'd give it a try. I have opened up the containers after use and they look like they could be reused a few times before being discarded. I thought it was an interesting idea.

Roger