PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a line fade??

Cassondra Bennett
01-02-2010, 10:43 AM
For some reason my brain is just not working this morning.....to many cookies and to much eggnog I guess over the holidays!!

I need to make a line start off black and then fade away at the other end but cant remember how to do it.

I am using Corel 12

Thanks for your help!!
Have a great day!!

Dave Johnson29
01-02-2010, 10:49 AM
I need to make a line start off black and then fade away at the other end but cant remember how to do it.

Not sure about v12, but look for Gradient Fill and No outline

Scott Shepherd
01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Never seen it done to a line and can't see any options to do so. Maybe I'm missing it too.

To the best of my knowledge, you'd have to draw an object, maybe a thin rectangle that looks like a line. Gradient only works with fills, not outlines, if I'm thinking correctly (which I may not be).

Ed Bagley
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Heres a couple ways to do it.. Draw line, set thickness then use Transparency tool. Another way is to draw line, set thickness, convert to object and use fountain fill

Joseph B. Chritz
01-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Check out the interactive transparency tool with linear transparency.

You can apply this to fill or outline.

Go to help transparencies.

Scott Balboa
01-06-2010, 2:06 PM
I'm not sure if this is in Corel 12, but you should be able to turn any line, hairline or not, into an object (I belive it's under Arrange on the menu bar) and then fill that.

Scott Shepherd
01-06-2010, 7:22 PM
Great tip guys! And posting the same tip at the same time too :)

Wasn't aware of that one, so I learned something new that I can use for sure. Thanks for the tip!

Scott Balboa
01-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, the "convert line to object" feature is awesome, especially for bad vector art some amateur has drawn that doesn't scale the line thickness appropriately when resizing.