PDA

View Full Version : Dusty face shield

Matt Ranum
01-02-2010, 10:01 AM
So I'm finally getting some shop time again. Got my LP bottles hooked back up and the furnace running yesterday for the first time this year. While I was cleaning out the furnace and letting it run through its paces I thought I would refresh myself on the lathe a bit and just make some chips.

Question is, how can I keep fine dust from collecting on my face sheild? That really gets annoying.

Greg Just
01-02-2010, 10:07 AM
I have had some success by wiping my facesheild with one of those dryer sheets. Seems to reduce the static cling. It isn't perfect, but it helps. I also wipe the screen of the tv in my shop too.

Matt Newton
01-02-2010, 10:27 AM
+1 on the dryer sheets. But make sure it is a used one. DAMW but I saw this on another post with this same question.

Jeff Nicol
01-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I use the dryer sheet trick too. I have also used the anti-fog wipes you can get for your car windows. Another thing that will work is to take your favorite tooth paste and wipe the lens down and buff it off with a soft cloth will work too. Static is a bear to deal with.

Jeff

Pat Zabrocki
01-02-2010, 11:01 AM
+4 on the dryer sheet trick.
Pat

Matt Ranum
01-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Guess I'll try a dryer sheet. Thanks guys.

Steve Schlumpf
01-02-2010, 11:16 AM
Matt - I also use the dryer sheet method but there is also an anti-static spray that folks can use on their clothing. Might be something else to consider if the used dryer sheet doesn't work well enough. Another option is to add a humidifier to your shop.

DON PENCIL
01-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I use the sheets too. Wipe with dryer sheet and then hang it on the head band of the shield. It helps keeps the mosquitoes away too.

Be Well,
Don

Brian Brown
01-02-2010, 12:12 PM
make sure it is a used one. DAMW but I saw this on another post with this same question.

You use a used dryer sheet, because the new ones have waxey gunk that makes a mess on the shield. Also, use a freshly used sheet. I gathered a large number and put them in a plastic container, and over time they lost their umphhhh.

Bernie Weishapl
01-02-2010, 2:50 PM
Used dryer sheets.