PDA

View Full Version : I must have been good

Rich Boehlke
01-01-2010, 7:45 PM
LOML surprised me for Christmas this year with a Tilt-A-Matic from Robust to fit my Mustard Monster. How cool is that!?

Seems it wasnt exactly easy to get. When she called Robust to order it, the person she talked to said there were none available. When she pressed them for Christmas availability, they replied that they would make one and ship it in time for the holiday. They made good on their commitment and now the MM has a new Tilt-A-Matic bolted to the end of the bed. Installation was a snap, it works well and is made to last. No more wrestling with the tailstock when it isnt needed. It swings either back or forward and is completely out of the way. Nice! If I ever hit the lotto, I am going to buy a Robust lathe.

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2010, 7:47 PM
Me to Rich. A Robust would be nice. Congrats on the Tilt Away.

Steve Schlumpf
01-01-2010, 9:31 PM
Rich - congrats! I am sure your back will appreciate the gift more each and every day!

Have to admit - a Robust would be a very nice upgrade! Maybe I should start playing the lotto......

Phil Powell
01-01-2010, 9:52 PM
I have a Robust lathe and I'm pretty sure it's one of the best investments
I've made. The lathe is big and solid, quiet, powerful and the tilt away
tail stock is worth everything I payed it. On top of all that you get Brent
English is a friend. That is worth more then the lathe it's self. It's
been a great lathe and will be for years to come!

Jason Clark2
01-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks great Rich, I may have to get one of those myself one day. I can't recall if my bed extension is tapped for it though. I'll have to check when I get a chance.

Jason

Cyril Griesbach
01-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Congratulations, Rich, I know you'll like it. I tested the prototype for Brent and then bought it. I use it every day and wouldn't be without it on my PM.