PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw fences???

owen bowen
01-01-2010, 3:19 PM
I have an older Grizzly 1022 tablesaw with a "wobbly "fence. Like to replace it with after market fence , but don,t want the fence to be worth more than the saw. Any brand suggestions :confused:? Any suggestions would be a great help

Cary Falk
01-01-2010, 3:30 PM
The Delta T2 is about the best bang for your buck at about $150. The Shop Fox Classic is alsoi a great fence.

scott spencer
01-01-2010, 3:37 PM
I agree with Cary about the T2...one of the best values going. The Shop Fox Aluma Classic (http://grizzly.com/products/Aluma-Classic-Fence-Standard/H5742) is another good value fence.

Lee Schierer
01-01-2010, 4:50 PM
I added a Biesmeyer fence to my saw a number of years ago. What a difference it made. It was a little more than other fences, but I would buy it again since it has worked so well.

Dick Brown
01-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I have a ShopFox Classic, an Alumiclassic, a Biesmeyer, and had a T2. For my money,The Shop Fox Classic is the most bang for the buck. T2 would be my last choice of the four. If money is not an issue, Biesmeyer. I think I am going to weld a piece on each end of the angle that fits over the rail and put nylon threaded set screws in them like the new Grizzly saws have. I did that on a Biesmeyer clone that I built a few years ago and it works great to keep you fence parallel with the blade while moving it. If you look closely in the new Griz. catolog, saw GO690, you will see what I am talking about.
Dick

Neal Clayton
01-02-2010, 2:00 AM
vega fences are nice too, got one on my PM66. i prefer them over unifence types. easier for fine adjustments.

Dan Galcik
01-02-2010, 7:25 AM
I just got a new Grizzly G1023S and I won't be using the Shop Fox classic fence that came with it. If that's what you are looking for I might be able to help you.

Chris Harry
01-02-2010, 9:24 AM
How much is the saw worth? :)

Incra TS setup? Advantage is that its like a monitor for your PC....upgrade the saw, take the Incra to the new saw!

glenn bradley
01-02-2010, 12:19 PM
Like Lee, I run a Bies and love it. There are improvements to the Bies configuration out there but I don't know about getting them after market(?). I wouldn't worry about over-fencing your saw. When you upgrade, just keep the fence.