PDA

View Full Version : Computer question

Jay Jolliffe
01-01-2010, 2:53 PM
I know this is basic stuff but I can't figure how to access the clipboard. I have XP....I saved something to the clipboard by mistake now I can't find it. Any help on this

Sean Troy
01-01-2010, 5:12 PM
1) Right click on the empty area on desktop, then select New->Shortcut.
2) The ‘Create Shortcut window’ will pop up, type: %windir%\System32\clipbrd.exe and click Next button.
3) Type a name for this shortcut as you like, for example: Clipbrd.exe then click Finish button to create the shortcut on your desktop.

To view the content of your clipboard, just double click this shortcut and it will display the clipboard content immediately. For windows Vista, this utility is not part of windows Vista package. To enable this feature, you can copy clipbrd.exe from windows XP into C:\Windows\System32 in Vista, then create a shortcut on desktop to access it directly.

Chuck Wintle
01-01-2010, 9:44 PM
1) Right click on the empty area on desktop, then select New->Shortcut.
2) The ‘Create Shortcut window’ will pop up, type: %windir%\System32\clipbrd.exe and click Next button.
3) Type a name for this shortcut as you like, for example: Clipbrd.exe then click Finish button to create the shortcut on your desktop.

To view the content of your clipboard, just double click this shortcut and it will display the clipboard content immediately. For windows Vista, this utility is not part of windows Vista package. To enable this feature, you can copy clipbrd.exe from windows XP into C:\Windows\System32 in Vista, then create a shortcut on desktop to access it directly.
Sean,
thanks for the tip. There seems to be a lot of stuff hidden from the causal user. I never knew about the clipboard viewer. :D