PDA

View Full Version : OT UPS rant

Chuck Wintle
01-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Ordered something at the beginning of the week and tracking showed it was supposed to be delivered yesterday....waited all day and no UPS. So why did tracking show it was out for delivery. Today tracking shows it is rescheduled for monday. And i paid for express shipping...this was at a premium price. UPS have slipped in my opinion...if they cannot even deliver a package.

Jim O'Dell
01-01-2010, 10:29 AM
I think I would ask for the shipping price to be refunded to the normal ground price then. That is weird that it showed to be out for delivery, then not delivered. Was there was a stipulation by the shipper that someone had to sign for it? And if so, was someone there to do so? I'm thinking by what you wrote, you were there. You might check with the shipper before talking to UPS. Jim.

Chuck Wintle
01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I think I would ask for the shipping price to be refunded to the normal ground price then. That is weird that it showed to be out for delivery, then not delivered. Was there was a stipulation by the shipper that someone had to sign for it? And if so, was someone there to do so? I'm thinking by what you wrote, you were there. You might check with the shipper before talking to UPS. Jim.
Jim,

I was home all day and no one showed up. Yes it had to be signed for but i was home...waiting....waiting. What really irks me was an amazon shipment previously that had normal shipping and it came the very next day. I suspect that UPS will say that holiday conditions have slowed delivery. There is an excuse for anything. I sent an email to them but no one is there today. If it was sent by regular post mail then there is a depot less than a mile from me. Very convenient.

rant off....

Dave Johnson29
01-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Not trying to speak for UPS, but a truck breakdown or wreck is possible. With all other trucks out of the depot with the christmas load, there was none available to transfer to. Justa thought.

I will say that trying to contact a human at UPS can be an interesting thing. I drove to the depot an harangued the manager until he gave me a local phone number if I needed to contact them.

Some idiot supplier used my PO box as a shipping address. It arrived at the local depot and UPS sent me a card to the PO box saying the item was being held for 3 days at the local depot. It took that long for me to get the card so the shipment was sent back because I didn't contact their 800 number in time. DUH!

Ed Griner
01-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I spoke to a UPS employee this AM,about the non-delivery"yesterday was a paid holiday"was the response.That may have some effect on delivery,even though the tracking indicated yesterday delivery.

Ed

Travis Porter
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I don't work for UPS, but they are a very tight knit organization and VERY focused on tracking and package delivery. It is unfortunate they were off on their tracking, but it beats the heck out of USPS who doesn't currently track much of their packages and Fedex who is notorious for showing "out for delivery". I would suspect your package came within the shipping guidelines committed when ordered. It does get frustrating when you are wanting something and looking for it to show up though.

I comment on this thread as I have been on the receiving end of UPS concerns/focus as they were my customer a few years back on some technology we installed for them that didn't work correctly. I got to visit first hand their air hub in Louisville, Kentucky and watched them process and handle GOBS of aircraft and packages.

It was an amazing and humbling sight to say the least. It made me understand why they were so demanding, and changed my perspective on getting frustrated when I didn't get something as soon as I wanted it.

I came up with my own slogan for a while. What can I do for brown today.

Chuck Wintle
01-01-2010, 1:05 PM
I spoke to a UPS employee this AM,about the non-delivery"yesterday was a paid holiday"was the response.That may have some effect on delivery,even though the tracking indicated yesterday delivery.

Ed
in fact I saw a UPS truck go by my place shortly after 1PM. so i know they were out on the road yesterday. maybe my driver started his New year celebration early?

Chuck Wintle
01-01-2010, 1:07 PM
I came up with my own slogan for a while. What can I do for brown today.
Sorry but they aren't doing much for me!

Chuck Wintle
01-04-2010, 4:33 PM
well I received my new monitor via UPS early this morning. Ordering right before a holiday was probably not the best of ideas....the monitor is really nice. 23 inch wide screen samsung.