PDA

View Full Version : Info on this saw... help?

Jon Lanier
01-01-2010, 4:01 AM
G0661 10" 2 HP Contractor Style Table Saw with Riving Knife

I'm seriously considering this saw as my final pick. Anyone familiar with it? Also, it has the Fox Aluma fence. I'm thinking up upgrading to Classic fence (what ya think? Would it matter?)

Thanks!!! :)

Oh... the reasons. Should have enough power I'll need to go the route of 110. I'm renting and probably will have to for the next 5 years or more. I'm more transient than before and figure this would be a cabinet saw. Price is a little high for this preacher but I've always wanted a good saw to complement my shop. Most of my tools are hand me downs including my current saw that can't cut straight for anything. Set up... won't let me.

Dave Hasson
01-20-2010, 11:34 PM
Jon, I have this saw and really like it. I'm just getting started and it's done everything I've asked it to do. I chose it for the 110 usage and because I had to get it into the basement (which still was a chore). I have it hooked up to a HF 2HP DC and the dust collection leaves alot to be desired. I use an Infinity 50T blade for plywood and crosscutting and a Freud 24T blade for ripping. I hope this helps some!

http://www.pbase.com/blucrsr/image/121180602.jpg

scott spencer
01-21-2010, 7:12 AM
Jon - I'm only familiar with it from the info on their site. It looks like a nice saw to me, and even though they call it a "Contractor saw", it fits the common definition of a hybrid because the motor is inside the enclosure. The one piece cast arbor carriage is a good design, and the riving knife is a nice addition. I'd definitely give the fence a chance before considering an upgrade. Griz'z CS is excellent, and I'm sure it'll serve you well once you align it and put a good blade on it.