PDA

View Full Version : walnut bowl-english/claro graft

Terry Gerros
01-01-2010, 3:51 AM
OK. Here is my first posting of a bowl...well, I hope I uploaded it correctly. Anyway, it is a graft of english and claro walnut. I think I just found a great source of turning blanks from a guy in North Carolina. Very reasonably priced to boot. For those interested go to EasternNCWoodworkers.com, Mike Smith is his name, extremely knowledgeable, very friendly.
I don't know if we should post this type of information, but I got some absolutely gorgeous wood and thought I would share the info.

Terry in Oregon

John Keeton
01-01-2010, 8:24 AM
Great looking bowl and wonderful wood!! Thanks for the link, as well.

On the pic, looks like you were too close when you took the pic, or did not use the macro setting on your camera. It is a little out of focus - but enough clarity to capture that beautiful figure!!

Steve Schlumpf
01-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Terry - looks like some beautiful wood!

Photos can be even more challenging that turning, so just a suggestion for next time - make sure the background doesn't compete with the subject and when it comes to turnings, a few different angles sure helps everyone get a feel for what you created. Photos limits are 5 per post. If you have more than 5 photos - just answer your original post and add up to 5 more in your answer. Clear as mud, eh?

If you have any questions - drop me a PM.

John Keeton
01-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Steve, seems I recall seeing that the max number of pics was increased to 8 per post, but I am not sure on that.