PDA

View Full Version : scrollsaw blades

james matthews
12-31-2009, 10:04 PM
i have a dramel single speed scrollsaw,and was woundering if there are any set blades guides for different thickness for different size wood?

Marshall Border
01-01-2010, 1:54 AM
James : I've been scrolling for over 13 years now and I've used just every blade out there and I would say use flying Dutchman blades { Made in Germany } buy them on-line from Mike's workshop . He will give you all the information on blades and cutting thickness , find him on-line and he has a scale on what blades and what size to use on what materials . He's one of the nicest guys I've had dealings with on blades . This is what I would tell my best friend and not for him to waste his money on all the other blades out there ....good luck.........Marshall

Jim Sears
01-01-2010, 8:00 AM
+1 on the Flying Dutchman blades. They can't be beat.

Cody Colston
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I just recently bought a scrollsaw and I also ordered some Flying Dutchman blades from Mike's Workshop.

I don't believe wood thickness has to do with blade type as much as the intricacy of the cut. However, the thicker the wood, the more often the blades will break and there is a practical limit on wood thickness vs pattern intricacy.

As a general rule, the thicker the blade, the wider the stock but also, the less maneuverable the cut.

That's my scrollsaw newbie perspective. :)

John Thompson
01-01-2010, 1:23 PM
+3 for Flying Dutchman and old Mike who can tell you bout everything you want to know about scroll saw blades. If ya wanna talk scroll saws let Mike talk and just listen... :)

Good luck...