PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year

Bernie Weishapl
12-31-2009, 9:06 PM
Just wanted to wish everyone here a Healthy, Happy New Year. Hope all goes well for you.

AND: wooohooo

Today I walked out of work and went home for the last time. As of midnight New Years day I am officially retired. My 2010 calendar has 52 weeks of which there are 6 Saturdays and one Sunday a week.:D;):rolleyes::cool:

John Keeton
12-31-2009, 9:08 PM
And, a very special Happy New Year to you Bernie!! I predict that within 3 months, you will wonder how you had enough time on your hands to actually have a job!!! Your "to do" list will get longer and longer! Enjoy, my friend - you deserve the rest.

Steve Schlumpf
12-31-2009, 9:23 PM
Happy New Year everyone!

Congrats Bernie!!! Looking forward to seeing your new turnings - now that the artist has time to come out and play!

Pete Jordan
12-31-2009, 9:31 PM
Wow Bernie!

I am so happy for you! I'm sure the new year will be great for you!

gary Zimmel
12-31-2009, 9:40 PM
Retirement will look good on you Bernie. Congrats...

And happy new year to everyone!

George Morris
12-31-2009, 9:48 PM
Happy New Year to all! Congrats Bernie on your retirement! Best of luck. G

Sean Hughto
12-31-2009, 10:23 PM
Happy New Year, SMC Buds!

Happy retirement, Bernie!

Ken Fitzgerald
12-31-2009, 10:36 PM
Have a Happy and Healthy New Year Bernie!

While I never worked for the FAA, I worked air traffic control maintenance for 6 years and worked with the FAA and even maintained some of their equipment at one naval air station.

I know and appreciate the stress and pressures you have endured in your professional career. You deserve a long and healthy retirement, my friend!

May it be so!

Ken Glass
12-31-2009, 10:40 PM
To all my Turner Friends,
I have been reading, just not posting. I Have been busy with the new MGB. I wanted to wish you all prosperity, happiness and good health in the coming new year.

Bernie,
I made it. ( Retired as of 3:30 PM today.) Yahoo!!!

Greg Just
12-31-2009, 10:53 PM
Happy New Years everyone!

Congrats Bernie!!!

Dave Halter
12-31-2009, 11:01 PM
Congrats to the new retirees!!

A happy and safe New Years to all of you.

Dave

Bernie Weishapl
12-31-2009, 11:37 PM
To all my Turner Friends,
I have been reading, just not posting. I Have been busy with the new MGB. I wanted to wish you all prosperity, happiness and good health in the coming new year.

Bernie,
I made it. ( Retired as of 3:30 PM today.) Yahoo!!!

Ken congrats to you and good luck to you Ken. I don't know about you but have been looking forward to this for a long time. Happy New Year.

Bernie Weishapl
12-31-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks one and all. I truly hope it is a good New Year for everyone.

Ken you are right about the stress and being the supervisor for 7 years just tripled the stress level. The politics made it even worse. When it isn't fun to go to work it is time to walk.

John I have been told that I will soon ask myself how did I have time for work. Thats good because I don't like sitting still anyway.

Steve I hope to do some bowl coring soon. I have a new oneway system that is still new in the box. So many things I always wanted to do but so little time. Plus I have about 40 clocks that need repaired in my shop so I need to get started getting those done.

Oh and my son said on his facebook that his dad was retiring and that after 4 decades he now has a new boss, "MOM" with a 42 yr honey-do list.:eek::cool::rolleyes:

Bill Bolen
01-01-2010, 12:35 AM
Happy new year Bernie! And welcome to the "old retired guys" club!! We have plenty of room for a few more turners...Bill...

Brian Effinger
01-01-2010, 12:48 AM
Happy New Year to you too, Bernie, and the same to everyone else! :)

And congratulations on the retirement. Lucky! I've only got another 30 years or so to go. :(

Baxter Smith
01-01-2010, 1:12 AM
Congratulations Bernie. As long as you have lots of interests you will love it!

Keith Palmer
01-01-2010, 3:36 AM
Happy New Year everyone! And congrats Bernie! I can only dream of retirement, it is too far away. I know you will stay very busy though!

art san jr
01-01-2010, 3:57 AM
A Very Happy and Prosperous and Fulfilling New Year to each and everyone,

and special good wishes to Bernie on his retirement.

Best Wishes all.

Art.

Dan Forman
01-01-2010, 4:01 AM
Happy new year to all, especially those recently retired guys.:)

Dan

Billy Tallant
01-01-2010, 4:40 AM
Happy New Year's to all.

Congratulations Bernie on your new retirement. Hope you really get to enjoy working in your shop now.

Mauricio Ulloa
01-01-2010, 7:46 AM
Happy New Year to you too Bernie!

I do really hope that you enjoy your very well deserved retirement from work....but not from turning! Now it's all about hiring yourself to great times at the lathe! Sorry about the to do list.....I guess that's the life of a married man... I can only hope that there's some challenging woodworking stuff in there!!!!!!

Take care and keep yourself healthy and safe,

Mauricio

Rich Aldrich
01-01-2010, 9:30 AM
Happy New Year to everyone. Congratulations on your retirement, Bernie.

Rob Cunningham
01-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Happy New Year to everyone.
Congratulations on your retirement Bernie.

Matt Ranum
01-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Congrats on the retirement and I hope you do what my folks did and that was to travel as much as they could while they were still able to get around well. Don't put it off or the next thing ya know you won't be able to travel and enjoy it. They sure had no regrets doing it that way.

Oh and Happy New Year everyone! May the next one be better than the last.

Alan Trout
01-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Bernie, Congratulations on the retirement. And happy new year to everyone else. Heres to a great 2010.

Alan

Ted Calver
01-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Bernie, Must have brought a tear to your eye walking out that door....tears of joy!! You should find something stressful to do for a while so you can de-stress gradually. You know, kinda like scuba diving--you don't want to get the 'bends' :) :) A happy and prosperous 2010 to all.

Steve Mawson
01-01-2010, 12:02 PM
A Happy Husker New Year to everyone.

Bernie, you make me green-not sure how long it will be until I can follow in your retirement footsteps. Ken-congrats to you as well.

Thom Sturgill
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Happy New Year ALL!! And a happy retirement to you Bernie. I'm looking forward to mine, but its about 3 1/2 years away. It gets harder to go into work every day...

Gary Kvasnicka
01-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Congratulations to Bernie and Ken on your retirement. Happy New Year to all.

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Thank you all for your kind words. I have lots of things I will be doing. My clock repair will keep me as busy as I want. It is still fun to do so don't want to get to a point that it becomes a real job. As for my woodturning it is going to be exciting. I have a brand new oneway coring system that I will now have time to play with, a vacuum chuck I just never had time to deal with, and some other turnings that I want to try now that I can just go out and not have to hurry to get stuff done before the weekend ends or I get a call about work. Yes, as the supervisor I carried a cellphone or leash 24/7.

I can also maybe get a little golf in each week instead of once or twice a month.

Matt you are right. My parents did the same thing. Oh yea we are going, oh yea we are going but never got to go. I have two army buddies I haven't seen since the early 80's I want to see. We went thru the army from basic training all the way to discharge together. Fly fishing in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado are on the list. Oh and a cruise for the LOML is in the picture.

Bill Bolen
01-01-2010, 12:59 PM
A delightful post Bernie! A happy new year to you and yours and a big welcome to the retirees club! I think you will find you still do not have enough time! Don't know why that is but it sure is...Bill..

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2010, 3:46 PM
Thanks Bill but it sure will be nice to find out. A friend of mine said once retired you will wonder how you had time to work.:D

robert hainstock
01-01-2010, 4:01 PM
Thanks one and all. I truly hope it is a good New Year for everyone.

Ken you are right about the stress and being the supervisor for 7 years just tripled the stress level. The politics made it even worse. When it isn't fun to go to work it is time to walk.

John I have been told that I will soon ask myself how did I have time for work. Thats good because I don't like sitting still anyway.

Steve I hope to do some bowl coring soon. I have a new oneway system that is still new in the box. So many things I always wanted to do but so little time. Plus I have about 40 clocks that need repaired in my shop so I need to get started getting those done.

Oh and my son said on his facebook that his dad was retiring and that after 4 decades he now has a new boss, "MOM" with a 42 yr honey-do list.:eek::cool::rolleyes:

Realy pleased to hear you fina;y made the BIG day Bernie. If retiremant for you follows form, you will be bussier than you've ever been. But thats great, and no stress, is a huge part of the enjoyment. :D:D:D:D:D
Bob

James Roberts
01-01-2010, 4:22 PM
Congratulations, Bernie and Ken, and to everyone else a very Happy New Year

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2010, 5:18 PM
Thanks again. Robert that is the part I am looking forward to. Doing something that does not have stress involved.

David E Keller
01-01-2010, 5:26 PM
Happy New Year to all. I hope retirement is all that you dream it will be. Wishing for health and prosperity for all those here on the Creek.

Matt Ranum
01-01-2010, 7:40 PM
Bernie, my folks did a similar thing in rounding up a few old Air Force buddies for a reunion and they held it in Yellowstone. They spent 3 months going to Alaska and back and also spent close to a month in the land down under. It was funny, the first time my mother was on a plane was to Australia like 16 hours long or something like that.:p

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2010, 7:44 PM
Thats the plan Matt. I am hoping we can get the five of us that spent our time together back together someplace. Will start working on that soon. I do want to do some fly fishing also in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.

Rich Boehlke
01-01-2010, 7:47 PM
Happy New Year to you also!

You are going to enjoy retirement. Did it myself 4 years ago. It's highly recommended! Congrats!

Bernie Weishapl
01-01-2010, 7:51 PM
Thanks Rich. Looking forward to it.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-01-2010, 7:55 PM
Thats the plan Matt. I am hoping we can get the five of us that spent our time together back together someplace. Will start working on that soon. I do want to do some fly fishing also in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado.

Add Idaho to that list would you Bernie.

Doug Thompson
01-01-2010, 9:16 PM
Bernie,
This is good news, enjoy your new job... don't work to hard.:D:D:D

Joshua Dinerstein
01-02-2010, 7:31 PM
Wow. Congrats Bernie! Wishing you, and everyone else, a very Happy New Year!

Joshua