PDA

View Full Version : Question about OWWM.org?

Keith Avery
12-31-2009, 7:30 PM
I recently bought a Delta RAS and had read several threads here about going to owwm.org for more info. I registered with them 4 or 5 days ago and still haven't gotten an activation email so I am unable to post. The contact info is only available if you are registered so I cannot contact anyone about being unable to registered. Does anyone have any advice? Or does it usually just take a week or 2 to get registered? Thank you all.

harry strasil
12-31-2009, 7:38 PM
I think mine happened at the time I registered

Nathan Hawkes
12-31-2009, 7:39 PM
I recently bought a Delta RAS and had read several threads here about going to owwm.org for more info. I registered with them 4 or 5 days ago and still haven't gotten an activation email so I am unable to post. The contact info is only available if you are registered so I cannot contact anyone about being unable to registered. Does anyone have any advice? Or does it usually just take a week or 2 to get registered? Thank you all.

When I first registered there, it took a while to get set up--plus its the week after xmas, and new years eve today...etc etc. Its worth the wait.

Neal Clayton
12-31-2009, 9:54 PM
check your spam folder?

some mail systems are pretty strict on an improperly configured sender.

Josh Reet
12-31-2009, 10:17 PM
plus its the week after xmas, and new years eve today...etc etc. Its worth the wait.

As someone who has run a large website, I can't emphasize this enough. Every time I dare to try and take a couple days off, I just get buried in email. I personally am days behind as I type this. I should be working right now to try and catch up lest I fall further behind. But instead I'm drinking a beer, watching my child be a dork and browsing SMC.

Ed Bath
12-31-2009, 11:40 PM
I agree with Neal's advice. Check your Junk E-mail folder first.

If you don't see an activation email in there, then either they didn't get your application, or their email notifications are not working. When I signed up at OWWM, it took about ten minutes. That is about the standard amount of time for an automated system to send out an email. No human intervention is required.

If there is nothing in your Junk E-mail, then try signing up again (with a diiferent user name and password).

Ed

George Sanders
01-01-2010, 7:11 AM
I suggest you post a question about signing up at the forum support area.

Dan Duperron
01-01-2010, 8:12 AM
I signed up maybe a month or 6 weeks ago at OWWM and it took a few days for my registration to come through too. I don't remember how many, but it was close to a week. It was long enough that I started to wonder what was up, and just about then it came through.

Probably just a poor buried (and possibly volunteer) webmaster just taking a few days off. I'd wait and keep one eye on your spam folder.

-Dan

Scott Schwake
01-01-2010, 12:05 PM
I never did get a confirmation e-mail when I signed up a while back, but I was able to log in with my username & password a few days later.