PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the ROCKLER B.S. table?

Joe Tonich
03-28-2003, 5:02 PM
How do you like it? I'm thinking of buying one and was wondering if it is worth it. I'll be putting it on a DELTA 14" band saw.
All opinions appreciated.

Joe

Terry Hatfield
03-28-2003, 8:14 PM
Joe,

I bought one for my 1019Z Grizzly. I really like it. Fence easily adjusts for drift and the zero clearance inserts are nice. Having the large surface make sawing much easier. I highly recommend it.

Terry

craig carlson
03-28-2003, 9:38 PM
Hi,

I've had one for a couple of years now. I like the surface area of the table but that's about it. I hate the fence and I think you could do much better doing your own table top with some other sort of after market fence. Is it worth the money? No, but there are a few ideas about it that I would "borrow from it" if I made my own.

Craig Carlson
Sebastopol, Ca
x-ponder

Howard Barlow
03-28-2003, 11:34 PM
I guess that clears it up for you.

Terry Hatfield
03-28-2003, 11:40 PM
Howard,

That's what I was thinking also.:D

Honestly I have several Rockler tables(BS,DP,TS outfeed,Mortiser) I believe that they are a good procuct and a good value. Perhaps not the absoulute best available but still a good value. They all perform well for me.

Kind of like..... "is the Grizzly as good as the Powermatic"???//............

Terry

craig carlson
03-29-2003, 12:10 AM
HI,

O.K. I'll be a little more specific. The work surface area is nice, the way the table attaches to my Rockwell saw is nice and I like the zero clearance insert but........there is way to much deflection of the fence at the far end of the table and adjusting it for a accurate cut is way to tedious, tap, tap, tap on one side and tap, tap, tap on the other side to bring it into the desired cut. When I say tap, tap, tap to adjust this is not the same as adjusting your Beismeyer table saw fence, it is much courser and I constantly fiddle with it. When I finally get the adjustment right I'll clamp the far end of the fence to keep it from moving. In my humble opinion the old Delta/Rockwell fence (which had a rack and pinion adjusting device) was much better for about half the price. Actually the new Sears table saw fence adjustment mechanism which I believe is some sort of friction wheel might be ideal for this application.

Craig Carlson
Sebastopol, Ca

Joe Tonich
03-29-2003, 8:00 PM
The only thing that wasn't liked was the fence but using a spring clamp on the end isn't really objectional to me. Used one on each side on my old Craftsman BS that I used to have. I couldn't beat the price either as I saved enough to buy their router table fence to replace the 4" aluminum angle that I've been using. :D

Thanks,

Joe