PDA

View Full Version : craftsman branded besseys?

Scott Michalski
12-31-2009, 1:12 AM
I have been looking into the new bessey k revo vario and stumbled on to these today at sears:
http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10155_12602_00931387000P?keyword=clamp

They are a couple of bucks cheper than what I am seeing the besseys for on amazon and woodcraft. It looks like they are the besseys rebranded.

Does anyone have any experience with these craftsman clamps? Any known difference from the bessey's?
Thanks,
Scott

Rick Fisher
12-31-2009, 5:39 AM
I have a bunch of the new Revo clamps form Bessey.. That Craftsman clamp is more money than I paid..

I would rather just have Bessey's..

Jay Allen
12-31-2009, 4:23 PM
Those are like the Revo "Vario" the one with the moving "fixed" jaw. They do cost more than the regular style. They do look nearly identical...look at the manifacturer's model number. It's the same as Bessey, with a CR in front of it.
I wonder why they did this? Either of them?

Mike Heidrick
12-31-2009, 4:34 PM
Craftsman has been doing this for years - rebranding. When you rebrand you do not have to price match local competitors.

Scott Michalski
12-31-2009, 7:47 PM
I took a closer look at them today; they also have a craftsman version of the plain (fixed) revo. They bars say made in Germany on them and the jaws made in America. I cant see any difference other than the color. Now if Sears would only have a sale...