PDA

View Full Version : Review: Festool's Upcoming OF 1400 EQ Plus Router

Jim Becker
10-12-2004, 11:30 PM
I have posted my formal "First Look Review" of Festool's upcoming OF 1400 EQ Plus mid-range router on my site. If anyone has any questions, comments or happens to note any "boo-boos" in the article, please post them here.

Super tool. I want one.

Don Selke
10-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Jim:

Great revue, any idea when the router will become available for sale in the US? After purchasing the 6" RO sander and Festool vacuum, I am completly hooked on there products. Sounds like the router may be my second Festool purchase!

Bob Marino
10-13-2004, 12:24 AM
Nothing definite at all at this point, for sure not this year. Hoping (and just a hope) in the first part of 2005.

Bob

Michael Ballent
10-13-2004, 1:27 AM
Jim, I did not see anything glaring "boo-boos" in the review. I decided to look around in the Festool International site and noticed that there is a Brazilian outlet ;). I think that Brazil uses 110v. Also there are many nice moving pics at http://www.toolsystem.com.br/ Hope your Portuguese is good, I can make out a bit of it. Ya think I could have SWMBO send me to Rio

Christian Aufreiter
10-13-2004, 5:10 AM
Hi Jim,

thanks for this excellent review. I already knew that the OF 1400 is one fine router but now the feeling that I should get one is even stronger :)

Regards,

Christian

Frank Pellow
10-13-2004, 8:09 AM
Thanks Jim. Now my only decision is whether to purchase the 1000 this year or whether to wait until next year some time when the 1400 becomes available.

JayStPeter
10-13-2004, 9:09 AM
Nothing definite at all at this point, for sure not this year. Hoping (and just a hope) in the first part of 2005.

Bob

Jeez, they better hurry up. I have money set aside for it ... now burning a hole in my pocket :eek: .

Jay

Ed Hardin
10-13-2004, 12:16 PM
Aw Mannnnn! Just when I thought I had enough routers, Jim has to come along with a review like this. I stayed off Festool routers because of the unavailability of 8mm bits in this area. Opps, another excuse down the drain.

Brad Westcott
02-10-2010, 2:16 PM
I have posted my formal "First Look Review" of Festool's upcoming OF 1400 EQ Plus mid-range router on my site at http://sawsndust.com/r-of1400-p1.shtm. If anyone has any questions, comments or happens to note any "boo-boos" in the article, please post them here.

Super tool. I want one.

So did you ever get one?

I thought dragging this up from the dead was appropriate.