PDA

View Full Version : Tool Gloat, Santa was very good!

John Trax
12-30-2009, 9:52 PM
Well when my wife asked what I wanted for Christmas I mentioned I could really use a new drill press. My 25 year old no-name Taiwanese press has seen better days. I could actually see the runout and drilling pen blanks was becoming interesting.

She said fine let's go get one. Well I've been married long enough to know what to when I hear that. A quick trip to the local Woodcraft and I brought home my new baby. What an incredible step up! I have seen a few reviews of the PM2800 that were not complimentary but I guess everything is relative. From what I had this is heaven, it actually drills round holes!

Dennis Ford
12-30-2009, 9:57 PM
You had better take care of your wife, she is a keeper!

The drill press is nice.

Steve Schlumpf
12-30-2009, 9:58 PM
Congrats John! Looks like you have everything already set up! Good tools makes a heck of a difference! Have fun!

David Christopher
12-30-2009, 10:05 PM
congrats on your new drill press, and having a good wife

Roger Bullock
12-30-2009, 10:15 PM
When I was younger (and poorer), I purchased tools that I worked to use. Now that I am older I purchase tools to use for work. Congrat's on the new gloat, it should make life in the shop ...... well, more accurate and productive. You need to make something special for that special lady.

Bernie Weishapl
12-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Congrats and you had better keep her.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-30-2009, 10:55 PM
When you have a keeper....ya' better keeper happy!

Congrats on the new drill press!

Greg Bender
12-30-2009, 11:08 PM
John,
well I'd say you have two keepers.Your wife and that great drill press.Congrats
Greg

Aaron Wingert
12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
Congrats on the new drill press! Nice!

(for the record, if I were you, I'd be smiling in the picture.) :D