PDA

View Full Version : Xnetech 1325 can't communicate

Frank Ricci
12-30-2009, 3:56 PM
Hello everyone
Well I purchased a 2004 10 watt Xenetech 1325 and I can't communicate to the machine. I did change the port settings in the software program 6.30, I have Com1 as the port. What is a JobServer? I downloaded every patch I could find on the Xenetech web site and the new print driver.

I would just like to use the 9 pin serial port direct from my CPU. There is an option to turn off the Ethernet on the machine control. I hoped it would act just like a printer and dump the program to the laser just like a ULS laser. The print driver shows all the lasers option for power speed ect.
Frank
chewbarka.com

Roy Brewer
12-30-2009, 5:53 PM
I did change the port settings in the software program 6.30, I have Com1 as the port. What is a JobServer? I downloaded every patch I could find on the Xenetech web site and the new print driver.

I would just like to use the 9 pin serial port direct from my CPU. There is an option to turn off the Ethernet on the machine control.Frank,

Xenetech lasers use either JobServer(very old) or Viper Communications Suite(current) to communicate with the laser. One or the other of these run in the backgroud waiting for a file to be generated by the native software (XGW --- version 6.51 is current) or the print driver. By all means I'd recommend that you download the VCS but you'll need a feature key from Xenetech to complete the installation and this will require that you are registered for tech support.

I can't imagine why you'd want to run serial when you could run ethernet. It has been so long since I've known anyone to run serial that I don't recall those 4 or 5 COM settings required to make it handshake; probably on the Xenetech knowledge base.

Jonathan D. Goldstein
12-31-2009, 9:59 AM
I also have had a hell of a time trying to get the viper technology to work with my GE engraver. I found that the problem usuall is with internet security software which views the engraving machine as a threat. Have you tried disconnecting your internet security software?