PDA

View Full Version : iPod stereo advice sought

Erik Frederiksen
12-29-2009, 8:58 PM
I'd like a reasonably stout stereo to take on the job. Price range up to $200.
It should be built to take some abuse, have good sound that can carry, and it would be nice if it offered some protection for the iPod.

Anyone have one they really like?

(I'm lucky to work with a small crew that has similarly excellent taste in music)

Justin Freund
12-29-2009, 9:24 PM
Ridgid has one for $150 that has a compartment in the front for the iPod. I bought one and liked it alot, but returned it because it doesn't fit my iPod Touch. If you have a nano or iPod classic it would work great.

Ben Martin
12-29-2009, 9:59 PM
RIDGID, RIDGID, RIDGID!!!!

(Can you tell I like mine?)

The Bosch has an attachment you can get for the IPod, but the Ridgid is internal and fully protected from the elements. It is pretty heavy, so lugging it around every day would be a nuisance, but in this case, weight=durability.

The Ridigid isn't a charger, but I don't see the value in that (I also don't use Ridgid tools), has a scanner for Nascar races (don't see value in this either) but it also has auxillary input from something other than an IPod (I use my Blackberry quite often).

Ben Martin
12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Ridgid has one for $150 that has a compartment in the front for the iPod. I bought one and liked it alot, but returned it because it doesn't fit my iPod Touch. If you have a nano or iPod classic it would work great.

Couldn't you have used the AUX 2 setting with the included headphone jack for you IPod touch? I expect it still would have fit into the case also.

Dave Lehnert
12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
I got this Milwaukee Radio 2 years ago for Christmas. I use it in my shop and like it a lot. It has very good sound. I bring it into the house at times to play. I like Heavy Metal music (PRIEST!!!) and has a very good tone and volume. It also has bass adjustment.

I do not use an I-pod with it but a no name MP3 player. Worked well.
Think he got it at Home Depot. $81 at Amazon.

It has a pouch on back to keep your MP3 player in and other stuff.
http://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-49-24-0280-28-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Radio/dp/B000EX4I1K

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B8NJK5VHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Jim Koepke
12-30-2009, 2:39 PM
Here is one for listening during a little sit down time:

jim