PDA

View Full Version : Huge-Small Gloat

H.R. Shadow
10-12-2004, 1:22 PM
The LOML & I spent Friday & Sat. doing demos at our local Woodcraft show & sale. I had other plans for Sunday , so she went alone and when she got home she handed me an early B-day gift.
It's a new Millwaukee 3.5 hp router & a Bench Dog Aluminum plate. I installed it in the table last night & Man-O-Man, what a difference!
I had the 1.75 Milwaukee in there before and occasionally it would scream 'Not me' but, it's Big Brother just hollers 'Bring It On'.
Can't wait to get home tonite & start running stock for picture frames.

Chris Padilla
10-12-2004, 1:27 PM
....& start running stock for picture frames.
...speaking of pictures.... ;)

Steve Clardy
10-12-2004, 2:29 PM
So I guess Milwaukee has gotten into the BIG routers now. Sould be a nice solid router, due to the great well built tools that they already produce. Give us a holler back and let us know how it does after it is used for a while.:)

BTW. Looks like the PIC PATROL:eek: has caught up with you. Gotta watch out for Chris and Tyler, our official pic police around here.:rolleyes:

Steve:)

Kent Cori
10-12-2004, 4:03 PM
H.R.,

I'm a little unclear here. Are you gloating about your new router or your wife? Both seem to be top-of-the-line to me! :)

Christopher Pine
10-12-2004, 4:25 PM
HEY!! Bring on the pictures! :)

H.R. Shadow
10-12-2004, 4:33 PM
awright awready! I'm at work & can't post pix. I will take some when I get home & post 'em this evening...

Gary Max
10-12-2004, 5:43 PM
I ain't seeing any pics YET

H.R. Shadow
10-12-2004, 10:03 PM
The minute I got home I got out HER camera & took these pix. Jeez, like you guys don't know what a router hanging upside down looks like.. :D
BTW this is the first time I've tried this so if they don't show up, I expect I'm subject to abuse, er, I mean remedial training. :eek:
Oh, & here's pix of another gloat I forgot about, the Downdrafter, (I took that home with me on Sat.)

John Miliunas
10-12-2004, 11:30 PM
You got it, H.R.! Looks like a router hangin' upside-down in a table! :D A mighty NICE router, I might add! :) Congrats on all: The router, insert, downdraft AND especially, LOYL! :D You got it made, man! :cool:

Dave Brandt
10-13-2004, 6:59 AM
OK H.R., where did you find that impressive looking yellow thing behind your SCMS? And, does it really work? And, is it very expensive? By the way, nice pics!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-13-2004, 7:46 AM
Great Official Gloat, H.R.!........You'll notice I've quit fussing about pictures after Chris elected me as an official "Picture Nazi". :confused: .....An Irishman :confused: ....a Nazi....NOT! :confused: :confused: .......I was just enjoying being a "No Photo Snitch!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: By the way.....great router.....great wife!

Kelly C. Hanna
10-13-2004, 9:23 AM
Hey I like that Downdrafter! How much was it, Rousseau doesn't list a price on their site. Congrats on the big router!!

Chris Padilla
10-13-2004, 11:26 AM
I think John Lucas on Woodshopdemos had a little ditty on that Downdrafter...might wanna check out his write-up, Kelly.

Nice pics, HR!! Looks like you need to tighten down a few of them screws, though!! :eek: ;)

H.R. Shadow
10-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Chris, I looked all over John's site & couldn't find anything on the downdrafter. I remember seeing something on it (or something real similar a while back & couldn't find that either).
The unit I got (with rails) was listed @ $229 at Woodcraft. They have a new stand for it to be used for portable stands (like mine) and it's a bit less money. I wanted the rail mount as I've got the large box which surrounds my saw, so I shouldn't have too much trouble mounting the rails to the box.
I hope to have it installed this weekend, & yes, I know...Post the pix when it's done :D

Kelly C. Hanna
10-13-2004, 8:25 PM
Will do Chris, thanks!

Christopher Pine
10-14-2004, 1:51 AM
Well with the low literacy rate you know pictures help us folks... well nuff said. :)
I like the downdrafter! Does it work well?
Chris Pine

Jim Guy
10-14-2004, 8:16 AM
I've looked all over Woodcraft's site for a downdrafter (first time I've ever heard of one) and can not find anything. Can anyone help me find that thing?
Thanks in advance,
Jim Guy

Kelly C. Hanna
10-14-2004, 8:45 AM
Jim,

I Googled Donwdrafter and got the page on it from the Rousseau Co. There's no price on it, you have to call them (and I haven't yet).

http://www.downdrafter.com/