PDA

View Full Version : New toys arrivin' , Kudos on Griz (gloat)

Ron Taylor
03-28-2003, 3:40 PM
What wait for Grizzly???

Ordered the 1023Z Monday. It just arrived today. I can't see how their delivery times could be better. Boxes all intact. No visible damage.

The Woodrat arrived yesterday. It was also ordered Monday.

The Delta Midi got here today also. It was ordered Thursday of last week.

Turning tools got here yesterday. They were ordered from Sears on Monday.

Some other stuff... electronic caliper, dial indicator, books and stuff arrived this morning. Ordered from Griz on Monday.

Amazon notified me the DW625 will be shipped 4/10 :mad:

NYW notified me the router table plans were shipped yesterday, no arrival date. :rolleyes:

Picked up the Delta 13" planer at Lowes last week.

All in all, I'm happy with the service from all of the vendors that I worked with.

Guess what I'm doing this weekend...:D

Howard Barlow
03-28-2003, 6:34 PM
Is it Christmas or what? You're gonna be busy now! Good for you.:D

Of course, you gloated out for a while now.

Bart Leetch
03-28-2003, 9:36 PM
Drive by barrage gloat

Kevin Gerstenecker
03-28-2003, 9:49 PM
I too am impressed with the delivery service from Grizzly. A few weeks ago, it took only 3 days for my DC system to be delivered. I just received my Band Saw on Wednesday, and I ordered it on Sunday. They are shipping my items from the Springfield, MO warehouse, and I live near and work in St. Louis, and I made arrangments to pick up my items at the Trucking Company Terminal, but the service still impressed me. The Terminals were basically on the way home from work, and it only took about 10 extra minutes after work to get the items on my truck, and off I went. It seems that the trucking companies are more than happy to load your equipment at their dock, and it got my new toys in the shop quicker too. I need to get the "Good" bags for the DC, but so far so good. I still haven't dialed the Band Saw in completely, but I think it will do the job for me in excellent fashion. Next up, new planer then MORE clamps!

Bob Lasley
03-28-2003, 10:26 PM
Ron, you better sit down son before you overload and trip your breaker or somethin'! I'm not sure its humanly possible to receive that many tools all at once and not damage yourself mentally.

Sounds like you're gonna be having mucho fun. Can I come over and play?

Bob

Tom Sweeney
03-28-2003, 10:34 PM
You're just trying to get back at me for the whole silver screw award thing aren't you. :p

I think that Bob is right - you're going to have a serious case of sensory overload when all those toys end up at your shop so close to each other. We better revert back to my original plan & send some of that haul to me so you don't blow a fuse or something ;)

Seriously - congrats & have lots of fun!

Bart Leetch
03-28-2003, 11:31 PM
I've always been impressed with Grizzly's fast delivery. I always recieve my order in 30 minutes or less, usually in 10 minutes. He He He !!!!! The cartons always are in good shape when they get to my shop too....

Pete Harbin
03-29-2003, 2:49 AM
Who cares if they don't all get there on the same day. You've got enough new stuff to keep you plenty busy between deliveries.

Is there a gloat rule violation here guys? Shouldn't he get 2 minutes for interference? The time I spend being jealous about that haul is definately going to interfere with my weekend :)

Have fun!

Pete

Lynn Sonier
03-30-2003, 9:12 AM
Ron, the decision as to which toy to play with first would drive my bonkers!!!

Ted Shrader
03-30-2003, 1:54 PM
Ron -

That was a MOAG (Mother of all Gloats). You are now assessed an over-gloat penalty of double secret probation!

Cool! You'll have fun with all that new stuff!

Ted