PDA

View Full Version : Festool Plunge Cut Saw - Dull Blade??

John Michaels
12-28-2009, 10:59 PM
A fellow woodworker I know has a Festool TS 75 EQ 561188 Plunge Cut Circular Saw. He has a 36 tooth blade and it was sharpened fairly recently but is acting like the blade is dull as it's burning the wood. When the blade was new he said it lasted quite awhile before needing to be resharpened now after being resharpened by a reputable local saw shop, the blade got dull in no time. He cuts mostly western maple with this saw.

Is there something special about factory sharpened Festool Blades??

Anthony Anderson
12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Could the blade have been installed backwards?

Chris Rosenberger
12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
I was told by Festool that their blades were ground so any sharpening shop could resharpen them. But I have had blades sharpened by some local shops that did not hold an edge very long. I would find another sharpening shop.

Chris

Jason White
12-29-2009, 8:31 AM
I've had my Festool blades resharpened with very good results.

Jason

A fellow woodworker I know has a Festool TS 75 EQ 561188 Plunge Cut Circular Saw. He has a 36 tooth blade and it was sharpened fairly recently but is acting like the blade is dull as it's burning the wood. When the blade was new he said it lasted quite awhile before needing to be resharpened now after being resharpened by a reputable local saw shop, the blade got dull in no time. He cuts mostly western maple with this saw.

Is there something special about factory sharpened Festool Blades??

Dino Drosas
12-29-2009, 9:09 AM
There have been many blades sent to be re-sharpened that only needed a good cleaning. Do not ask how I know this.

John Michaels
12-29-2009, 9:18 AM
Could the blade have been installed backwards?

Would the blade even cut at all if it was backwards?