PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Get For Christmas?

Phyllis Meyer
12-28-2009, 1:33 PM
Our favorite gift was a GPS from our girls...yeah, now my husband and I will not be lost anymore! Actually our greatest gift was our girls getting home safely in terrible weather! Merry Christmas Everyone!

Phyllis:)

James Rambo
12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
I got one of these. My son found this in a yardsale marked $40. It did not have the dust bag and he offered 30 and brought it home. THANK YOU SON

Bill Cunningham
12-29-2009, 9:44 PM
Finally Got a 'Bore Sighter' I'm gonna save a fortune in ammo! My 11 year old grand daughter wanted a Red Ryder BB Gun..(yup!) I found a Pink One at BassPro and her father bought it for her..

Joe Pelonio
12-29-2009, 11:28 PM
I may qualify for the most unusual presents. I did get some fine things from my family, but a good friend who, like me, is a bonsai enthusiast, gave me two of the Ponderosa pines that he collected this fall from the mountains in Wyoming. For the next year I will merely keep them alive and healthy, then
find them some nice pots and start training. The first is about 50 years old, the 2nd close to 100.

Bob Borzelleri
12-30-2009, 2:36 AM
Well, if my wife ever gets wind of this post, I'm probably dead meat. She retired last September and decided to return to her original fighting weight and she did. So for Christmas, I bought her a whole new wardrobe of size 6 stuff.

As for me, I got a new electric mandolin.

Rod Sheridan
12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
I had the pleasure of receiving a thank you letter from a charitable organization that was able to supply Christmas dinner for 100 homeless people, due to the generosity of my family and friends.

For approximately the last decade I've refused Christmas and birthday presents in lieu of a donation to a charity.

Regards, Rod.

Phyllis Meyer
12-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Wow everyone, those are wonderful gifts! Rod, what a great gift you give to those families!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Pat Germain
12-30-2009, 12:36 PM
I got two wooworking DVDs which I really enjoyed: "A Simple Varnish" from The Wood Whisperer and "Scrapers" from David Marks. I also got an autographed copy of "Handplane Essentials" by Chris Schwarz. Oh yeah. My family loves me. ;)

Heather Thompson
12-30-2009, 1:13 PM
My husband and I got a great Christmas present, actually a little early as it was installed 12-15-09, a brand new sewer pipe. :D Indoor plumbing is a good thing and in the spring we will also have a new front porch, steps and a sidewalk.

Heather

Craig D Peltier
12-31-2009, 3:07 PM
I got a Canon Rebel TSI DSLR. Wow this can be an expensive hobby! The one thing that made big difference from the point and shoots is the speed you can take a picture. No more wait, just shoot rapidly.Plus the pics are crisp.
Cant believe lenses are so pricey.
Look up the 1200mm canon lense an its cost , this is the exception.Says it takes a year just to grow the crystals big enough. It can fill your screen from a mile away though. Add a doubler and you get two mile shots.

Pat Germain
12-31-2009, 3:09 PM
Wow, that sounds like a nice camera. Simply not having to wait between shots is a big improvement over Mrs. Patrick's camera.

I wasn't aware camera lenses contained crystals. As Spock would say, "Fascinating".