PDA

View Full Version : Found a good remote for vac

Jim Tobias
12-28-2009, 12:04 AM
I remember seeing a thread or two recently about finding a suitable remote (high enough amp rating) for a vac used in shop. I started looking for one and found one that work very well at Lowe's on an after Christmas sale. I have a Fein TurboIII and needed one wiht a high enough amp rating to work. I use this when I am doing some detail hand sanding or scraping and need to frequently vacuum off the surface or area. I have the long, flexible 2.5" hose for the Fein and the vac body is often far away. I am not sure what it says about me, but I do not want to go back and forth across the shop turning the vacuum on and off so frequently. The pictures below show the model and type of remote. It has a small keychain type remote that attaches to belt loop easily.

Jim

jim gossage
12-28-2009, 5:12 AM
Jim,
How many remote keychains does it come with? Is it 110 v or will it take up to 220? Thanks.

Myk Rian
12-28-2009, 8:00 AM
Looks like it's intended for outdoor lighting.

Bill White
12-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Well Jim....Ain't ya gonna tell us what ya paid, and where ya got it?
Bill :confused:

Adam Strong
12-28-2009, 10:32 AM
I picked up something similar with 2 remote plugs and 2 channels (indoor and outdoor plug). I used it for the Christmas lights, but I am sure it will find non-seasonal use in the shop... It has worked reliably so far. I think the price was around $13 two months ago. Certainly they are on clearance after the holiday for a few bucks less.

Dave Wagner
12-28-2009, 11:58 AM
I am going to try the "X10" modules for my shopvac (I have a ton of them already with remotes but just the regular (15A) Light type switches), but I believe the appliances ones go to 20amps.

These are great especially for Xmas Lights, just plug them in, set all on the same code, and 1 button turns them all on/off.!!

Heavy duty one. (a lot of other possibilities too!)
http://www.smarthome.com/2021/X10-Heavy-Duty-220V-Appliance-Module-HD245-or-PAM04/p.aspx

Ben Martin
12-28-2009, 12:12 PM
These might be from Lowes? There was a post over in the Deals and Discount forums about these, I think around $3 on clearance.

I have checked my local Lowe's and have came up empty...

Jim Tobias
12-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I did buy this from Lowe's. They were originally $14something and were 50% off($7something). See picture below for specs. Has worked well for a week now.
Jim

Ben Martin
12-28-2009, 2:48 PM
I just got back from Menard's, asked if they had any remotes for christmas lights, of course she said, but not in seasonal (where everything is 50% off) they are over in electric.

Take a walk to electric, find them, labeled specifically for "holiday lights", ask the attendant if they are included in the 50% off sale and he said no, that they were stocked year round.

Bummer....:o