PDA

View Full Version : Weekend doin's?

Bob Lasley
03-28-2003, 2:36 PM
So what's everyone up to this weekend?

I am teaching a router class tomorrow. Haven't made any definate plans yet for Sunday, but will hopefully include some shop time.

Have a good weekend all!

Bob

Wayne Cease
03-28-2003, 3:14 PM
It's suppose to get pretty cool in Atlanta on Sunday, so maybe one more fire in the fireplace.

Other than that a busy weekend as usual. Yard work, coaching soccer, and hopefully finishing the A&C styled coffee table. A few more coats and I'm done!

Jeff Cybulski
03-28-2003, 4:02 PM
LOML bought a "scratch-and-dent" dresser that needs a new top. Just picked up the wood so it's out to the shop to glue it up. Other then that March Madness will take care of the rest of the weekend.

Have a safe one

Jeff

Randy Miller
03-28-2003, 4:07 PM
Finally getting some shop time in this weekend. Went to the club meeting last night and picked up some nice cherry & mulberry during the wood swap, so I'll be doin' some turnin'! :D
-Randy

Jim Becker
03-28-2003, 4:10 PM
Cleaning the shop in preparation for starting our kitchen renovation project and finishing up a few turnings started during our local club's "Hands On Workshops" weekend. It will be raining, so I don't have to worry about being distracted by digging holes with our backhoe again this weekend... :D

Scott Coffelt
03-28-2003, 4:27 PM
Continuing work on my Cyclone assembly. Laying out some patterns for new Adirondack chairs for LOML. Catching a few Bball games on the Tube and NASCAR. And I almost forgot, spending quality time with my 3 year old.

keith zimmerman
03-28-2003, 4:58 PM
Saturday, I hope to obtain some new green wood, so I may be cutting and sealing some new bowl blanks.

Then, on Sunday, it will be back to working on the completion of my shop. I bought a new Craftman Staplegun today so I'll be able to finish installing the remainder of the wall insulation.

Joe Tonich
03-28-2003, 5:14 PM
Camping out in the driveway tonight with the boys. Have a rousing game of Scrabble or Sorry! and drink lemonade!. Gonna start cleaning out & re-wireing the garage Sat. & Sun. after I take SWMBO out looking at flooring for the kitchen.

Joe - not looking forward to this flooring job! (or cleaning the garage :( )

jack duren
03-28-2003, 6:26 PM
finishing up the doors and drawers for the rec bar base cabinets. if im lucky ill get the counter tops started. still searching my options for braclkets to support the raised bar top. not too many bites on ebay for "wrought iron" support brackets. anybody got any ideals?

if theres any time left ill play with the leigh dovetail jig. havent had it out of the box more than 5 minutes since i got it. but probably will use the omnijig for the bar cabinet drawers anyway......jack

Dr. Zack Jennings
03-28-2003, 8:44 PM
I'm a final's judge in the Arkansas State BBQ Contest here in Batesville. I'll get some time in the shop today but that's it. Tonight I'll be loafing with the different teams down at the river. They start cooking Whole Hogs at @ 10am today so that they can cook for 24 hours. The Pork shoulders will go on this afternoon for 16-18 hours cooking time. Ribs go on early in the morning. Tonight will be "Anything But" cooking: Chickens, sausages, wild game ( and wild games) crawfish, gumbo, beef brisket, steaks and on and on. It will be a disgusting deal. Lots of beer & debauchery.

Jim Baker
03-28-2003, 8:51 PM
I:( I have to work tomorrow. Hopefully I will get time to put some finish on some raised panel doors. Other than that, watching basketbal and the race.

Tom Sweeney
03-28-2003, 8:52 PM
Here's the plan :rolleyes:

I'm going to work on my free drill press - take off the power drive unit - You should see what's inside this thing it's really cool - & 220 motor & install a 1/2 hp 120 motor on it. There is a little slop in the quill(?)bearing so I'll see how that goes.

If I can hook up with a friend - I'm going to buy a little 4" jointer off of her for pretty cheap - It will be good enough for now - especially with the cutting board I'm making.

Then I'm going to start on the cherry & maple cutting board. Sunday we got Church & then a Church bowling outing - should be fun but will cut down on shop time.

I'm also waiting on some good news - I'll let you know if it happens - it's OT but will be a huge relief if it works out. & will allow me more shop time & maybe even a tool purchase or 2 :D

Jim Becker
03-28-2003, 9:12 PM
Tom, I vaguely remember that the motor in that "free" DP might be a 3-phase unit. If so, and it can run on 240v, you might want to consider using a VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) to make it a true variable speed press. A fellow posted in another forum site recently about making this change and the results were quite nice. Many of us who have lathes also have the VFD on them and it's just super when it comes to control!

Phil Phelps
03-28-2003, 9:26 PM
Golf, booze, women, food, women.....*pop ***
Wow, what a dream. Reality. That #%&*@ shed. Inlaws. Come on Monday!!! :p

John Miliunas
03-28-2003, 10:15 PM
A little trim work on windows, spruce up the shop, test out a couple of the router bits I got at an auction last wknd. Then wipe the hard drive on one of my PC's, install fresh O/S and apps for my daughter to use. (She has a pretty old unit with dual P350's). Have a productive and/or fun weekend, everyone! :cool:

Dennis Peacock
03-29-2003, 1:29 AM
Well. I've been working on computer stuff at work for the last 72 hours and have put more hours in the last 3 days than most folks work in two weeks!!!!!

I am working on my DC setup since I am upgrading to a Dust Eliminator Cyclone and this sucker "sucks" so good that I'm gonna hafta make sure all my interior insulation is ATTACHED to something or the cyclone will eat it!!!!!! According to the test and compared to what I currently have in bag type DC...I will be increasing my air flow by almost FOUR TIMES (4x)!!!!! Going from about 400 cfm to 1548 cfm....going from a 2hp 2 bag DC to this "whopper of a cyclone".......I'm so excited......but I have to stop working on my real job if I'm going to get any time in the shop this weekend.

Great Weekends,
Dennis