PDA

View Full Version : Old magazines

John Terefenko
12-27-2009, 8:48 AM
Ok the New Year is fast approaching and one of my New Year's Resolutions is to trim back my magazine subscriptions. Over the years I have been getting about 7 different magazines. The time has come where these magazines have become so reduntant that I can not look at another tool review. Any tool that is good enough to make it to the market is good enough to use. Some have more bells and whistles. We all buy from past experiences and go with brand names.

Anyway I was wondering what you all do with your old magazines??? I just don't want to throw them away. I do want to reclaim some valuable realestate in the shop though:) Just think of all the money I can save to buy that bright and shiney new tool all the magazines are giving top honor awards to.:rolleyes: Thanks and have a great day.

dennis thompson
12-27-2009, 8:59 AM
I gave mine to our library. If you have a high school woodworking program nearby that might be another good choice.
Dennis

Doug W Swanson
12-27-2009, 9:56 AM
Offer them up on your local Craigslist. I have picked up a bunch of wood working magazines that way. Sure some of the articles are outdated but most of them are still very good.

Doug

Brian Effinger
12-27-2009, 10:32 AM
If you have a high school woodworking program nearby that might be another good choice.
Dennis
My vote would be for that one.
Or if you wanted to, you could sell them here, in the classifieds.

Stephen Tashiro
12-27-2009, 2:03 PM
If the magazines are explicit or controversial, you can quietly leave them in lounges at hospitals or libraries. Remove the label that shows your name unless you desire that kind of publicity.

Wayne Sparkman
12-27-2009, 3:05 PM
Try a VA hospital, if there is one in your area.

Kevin Gregoire
12-30-2009, 6:39 PM
craigslist is good, but these forums are better, if your willing to ship that is.
i have got mags off CL, ebay and forums and paid anywhere from twenty five
cents each to a buck each.
some people may pay more but im cheap i guess? and i have seen some people
think there collections are gold! i seen a 200 issue collection for $600 awhile back,
good luck with that.

anyway, like i said, if your willing to ship there are people willing to pay for it so
listing on forums or ebay reaches a lot more people then local craigslist.

Phil Thien
12-30-2009, 9:12 PM
Try a VA hospital, if there is one in your area.

I think that is an excellent idea.

Jim Rimmer
12-30-2009, 10:29 PM
+1 for the VA hospital or nursing/rehab center

Chris S Anderson
12-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Use them to inspire others. I wish I had all my dad's old Handyman magazines.

ROY DICK
12-31-2009, 9:04 AM
Another vote for the VA hospital.

Roy

John alder
01-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Another vote for the VA hospital.

Roy
Same here thats where we bring ours to the VA Med ctr