PDA

View Full Version : Deal or Not

Tyler Howell
10-11-2004, 8:01 PM
Deal Or Not?
Found a used Oneida Cyclone FS complete.
1.5 HP with internal Filter $500
Can't seem to wade through all the hipe at the web sight. Is there a retrofit to move the filter outside the unit:confused:

David Brown
10-11-2004, 8:23 PM
Hi, i have one and did the retrofit to outside filter. BIG difference, easier to clean MORE POWER!, about 200.00 so consider this against the cost of a 2 hp unit. mine is fine, but If I started over it would be the 2 hp. take care, dave :)

Steve Clardy
10-11-2004, 8:49 PM
Tyler my man. I do not know what to think of you buddy.:confused:
All you are getting done is thrashing around town picking up all these new toys, er, tools. You have got to get your body in the shop and do some projects!!! :eek::eek:

Oops. Got off subject there, wondering about you.
Not into the Oneida systems, so----am backing off of the advice on this one.:rolleyes:

Steve:):)

Steve Cox
10-11-2004, 8:53 PM
If it is $200 to retrofit it to an external filter I'd seriously take a look at Woodsucker. Actually, I 'd take a hard look at Woodsucker anyway.

Jim Becker
10-11-2004, 9:45 PM
Tyler...honestly, I sold my 1.5hp WITH an external filter retrofit (non-Oneida) for less and it was in perfect condition. The 1.5hp unit with the internal filter sells new for $741 new w/o the drum. (http://www.oneida-air.com/pdf/system%20price%20sheet%202004.pdf) I'd dicker, if I were you and if the price doesn't come down about a hundred and fifty bucks...it would be a tough sale to me unless that thing was in absolutely perfect, like-new condition. (The current version has some design improvements, too)

Oneida's external retrofit sells for $195, but if that one is the old design you'll need some additional adapters as the outlet will not have the flange that the new ones do.

That all said, you should be able to fit one of these in your shop with a 33 gallon bin.

Tyler Howell
10-12-2004, 4:18 AM
[QUOTE=Steve Clardy]Tyler my man. I do not know what to think of you buddy.:confused:
All you are getting done is thrashing around town picking up all these new toys, er, tools. You have got to get your body in the shop and do some projects!!! :eek::eek:

Keep on wondering Steve: As I said "when they got your tallent you don't need toyls". When you don't have either you have to go shopping.
My mom says I got more money than sence. She's wondering too.

Thanks guys for the info. The search continues.

{Nobody love's me but my mother, and she could be jiving too. BB King.}

Kelly C. Hanna
10-12-2004, 8:54 AM
Great quote from BB Tyler! I have met many musicians back in the day, but the most memorable came when I got a call from my girlfriend one day. She said I should come up to the Marriot where she worked right away. I had no idea what she wanted, but I sped up there quickly.

She met me at the restaurant entrance and simply pointed to the bar area. There he sat...by himself. I walked up and sat down to order a Gran Marnier. I didn't know quite what to say when he asked if I was the manager's boyfriend. I knew then she had already talked to him and told him I was a fan. He was & is still the nicest famous person I had ever met. I talked to him for about a half hour about the music I liked and a little about him. He was genuinely interested in a conversation...something you rarely see in famous musicians. I will never forget that day.

I've seen him a half dozen times, the latest of which was the Crossroads Festival here in Dallas...what a show!

Tyler Howell
10-12-2004, 9:40 AM
What a great adventure Kelly. Many have far passed him in chops, but he is one of the first and the combination skills makes him one of the best IMHO.

I use to work in a stereo Store downtown bye the big theaters, hotels and clubs. I met Mr. King, Bo Diddly, Mr. Clapton, and Dave Grissman all wondering through between shows:cool: . Not a 1 on 1 as in the Bar with BB but cool just the same. Ran into BB again in the head of a small private college years later. We didn't shake hands:rolleyes: :D .

Ken Fitzgerald
10-12-2004, 11:37 AM
You know...when you think about the diverse personalities among people in general....it shouldn't surprise you that different people react to fame in different manners. A few years ago...my youngest son was a big Alabama fan. On a Saturday night we attended a concert on the WSU campus, 5 couples and our youngest son. He bought a hooded sweatshirt at the concert. The next morning we drove our oldest son to the Spokane airport with his girlfriend. He was flying out to an Army base in Georgia. Our youngest, age 12 at the time was wearing his newly acquired sweatshirt. While sitting in the airport....a voice said "Hey boy....where'd you get that shirt?"....It was the lead guitar player for Alabama. He was flying out to Missoula to join the band; he stayed behind to finish business at Pullman, WA. He talked with us for about 20 minutes until his flight left. Very down to earth.

The youngest son also while in flight school at Pensacola, was a driver for a week for one of the original astronauts....I forget which one. One day when the guy wanted to skip the "rubber chicken" lunch and go to a famous seafood restaurant. My kid thought he'd buy his lunch for some bragging rights. It went the other way and he paid for my son's lunch. Again...he was very down to earth.

My youngest was also involved in an Air Force celebration while at Pensacola. He had the opportunity to have a cup of coffee. after the formal dinner ended..one on one with Tom Clancy who was the guest speaker......very down to earth....did I mention my youngest doesn't drink coffee......won't let his wife kiss him if she's been drinking coffee.....he did drink coffee that night! :eek: :D

Bye the way.....BB King.....Bo Diddley.....Clapton.....they are special to my ears!

Kelly C. Hanna
10-12-2004, 7:02 PM
Ken,

I had actually heard before meeting him that he was that way....it's just nice to experience that instead of the alternative. Having been close to that business back in the 70's, I learned very quickly that there were many different personalities to deal with (as there are in most any other business in the world)...they're just a whole lot more eccentric than the others I've come in contact with...:eek: :eek: