PDA

View Full Version : GRIZZLY 2010 catalog

Dave Lehnert
12-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Anyone get a 2010 Grizzly catalog yet? I had one by this time last year.

Josh Reet
12-26-2009, 11:10 PM
The guys in the bellingham showroom said Jan 4th to me the other week. But I have no idea if they meant that's when they would have them in the showroom or when they would be mailed out. Probably the in-store date if I had to guess.

Scott T Smith
12-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Dave, there was a post made recently (which I can't find), wherein the President of Grizzly indicated that there were a lot of very exciting additions to Grizzly's 2010 catalog.

He also indicated that their web site would be upgraded in the early morning hours of January 1 with the new selections, and that the print catalogs would be mailed out throughout January (second half as I recall).

Harold Burrell
12-30-2009, 12:48 PM
I just got my 2010 catalog!

Don't feel bad if you all don't get your's for awhile yet. I'm special, you know.

;)

Jim O'Dell
12-30-2009, 1:02 PM
Yes Harold you are special! You're so special, now you get to look up a bunch of stuff for those of us that haven't gotten our catalogs yet!!
Whats new?
What is the price on the G0691 now?
Do they have a router top extension for the G0690/1? (not for me)
Any new jointers?
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Just teasing. I'm sure others will come up with more!!:p Jim.

Scott Wigginton
12-30-2009, 1:37 PM

No pics, didn't happen. :eek:

Only pics admissable to this court are of the new WWing drill press :D

Cliff Holmes
12-30-2009, 2:04 PM

Please scan each page and post here ...

Josh Reet
12-30-2009, 4:23 PM
Pics you say?

G0691 is $1350.
Didn't see a router extension for the G0691.
Only jointer I can find marked as "new" is a 12x60 short bed w/spiral cutterhead for $2195. But I'm no jointer expert. So there may be updated models I'm not aware of.

Cliff Holmes
12-30-2009, 4:40 PM
Any sign of the new variable-speed drill press?

John A langley
12-30-2009, 4:41 PM
some times this place is fun the 12 X 60 joineter is in one of my mag (Woodshop News jan 10) it looks like a good one:)

Josh Reet
12-30-2009, 4:42 PM

There aren't any drill presses marked "new" and nothing looks new to me. But again, same deal as the jointers, I'm no drill press expert as I haven't been in the market for one.

Steve Kohn
12-30-2009, 4:45 PM

+1 (oh heck, need to add letters to get to the minimum size message)

Jacob Mac
12-30-2009, 5:07 PM
I believe Shiraz said the new DP was not coming out until spring.

Ed Hazel
12-30-2009, 5:30 PM
What is the price on the G0513X2B 17 bandsaw?

Josh Reet
12-30-2009, 5:34 PM
What is the price on the G0513X2B 17 bandsaw?

They are saying "$1195 reg - sale price $1095". Kind of funny since the "sale" lasts all of 2010. But whatever, I'm sure nobody will complain about any year-long sales.

Ron Jones near Indy
12-30-2009, 7:17 PM
Got mine today!

Dave Lehnert
12-30-2009, 8:14 PM
They are saying "$1195 reg - sale price $1095". Kind of funny since the "sale" lasts all of 2010. But whatever, I'm sure nobody will complain about any year-long sales.

On sale now for $1,075 so I guess if you want one, better order one tomorrow. Thats assuming shipping price is the same.

Jason White
12-30-2009, 8:23 PM
That sounds a bit extreme.

Please scan each page and post here ...

Harold Burrell
12-31-2009, 12:07 AM
Yes Harold you are special! You're so special, now you get to look up a bunch of stuff for those of us that haven't gotten our catalogs yet!!

Pics you say?

G0691 is $1350.
Didn't see a router extension for the G0691.
Only jointer I can find marked as "new" is a 12x60 short bed w/spiral cutterhead for $2195. But I'm no jointer expert. So there may be updated models I'm not aware of.

Since Josh is my secretary, he will be answering all of your queries...

:cool:

Josh Reet
12-31-2009, 12:44 AM
Since Josh is my secretary, he will be answering all of your queries...

:cool:

By the way, I'll need most of next month off. It's some sort of religious holiday that I believe in.

Jim Kountz
12-31-2009, 1:56 AM
By the way, I'll need most of next month off. It's some sort of religious holiday that I believe in.

Now thats funny right there!!:D:D:D:D

Peter Quinn
12-31-2009, 1:47 PM
Do they have a router top extension for the G0690/1? (not for me)
Jim.

Jim, I'm seeing both a cast iron router table extension and a sliding table attachment advertised in the Grizzly add in the Jan 2010 Wood Shop News. Looks like the G0691 is advertised at $1350, the router table extension at $395, and the sliding table at $550. The sliding table is extruded aluminum and from the small picture included looks a bit like the Jessum table.

MPQ

Keith Avery
12-31-2009, 2:12 PM
I ordered a Grizzly catalog November 7th. On December 15th or so I emailed them and was told they were sorry and they world send one priority mail. I still have not recieved anything!! I have ordered from them in the past without issues, but if they can't even get me a catalog I worry about them getting me a tool. Has anyone else had similar treatment or have I just fallen through the cracks?

Josh Reet
12-31-2009, 2:35 PM
I ordered a Grizzly catalog November 7th. On December 15th or so I emailed them and was told they were sorry and they world send one priority mail. I still have not recieved anything!! I have ordered from them in the past without issues, but if they can't even get me a catalog I worry about them getting me a tool. Has anyone else had similar treatment or have I just fallen through the cracks?

You were contacting them at the end of the year, despite their dec 15th comment, they may very well have been out of the 2009 catalog. Or they screwed up, nobody is perfect. In general, Grizzly customer service is regarded as "very good" to "excellent".

But the catalog people are talking about on this thread is the 2010 catalog that is just now being sent out. The only people who seem to have gotten them are those of us who live very close to a Grizzly shipping center. Everyone else should be getting them over the next week I would guess.

Jim O'Dell
12-31-2009, 3:17 PM
Thanks Peter. Like I say, I'm not interested in the accessory router table, but several others have asked about it. Sliding table sounds interesting. I don't have room for that personally, but it's nice to see they are coming out with some accessories for the new saws. Thanks for the post! Jim.

Dave Lehnert
12-31-2009, 8:26 PM

My guess they are out of the old 2009 and the 2010 is now being sent as we speak.

I posted a message on here not receiving a catalog once. It was like March or so. The President of Grizzly sent me one snail mail in just a few days.

Tom Grant
12-31-2009, 8:47 PM
I'm relieved to see that pricing on several of the jointers has actually gone down this year! The G0604X, G0656 and G0656X are all $20 cheaper. It's also interesting that several of the jointers and table saws now have serpentine belts. Santa Grizzly was good to us!

Jon Lanier
12-31-2009, 9:10 PM
I hope to get it soon. I'm getting real serious about a new TS.

Shiraz Balolia
12-31-2009, 9:40 PM

Keith, depending on timing, we do not send catalogs out if new ones are due out within a short time. Appears to be the case here. Your name probably got added to the 2010 list and so you should expect that within the first two weeks of January. I am puzzled that you were told one would be sent priority mail and still got missed. Sorry about that.

The 2010 catalog will be on line at midnight tonight. For those that are waiting for a catalog from us, our current catalog is always on line. http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/main/1

Happy new Year all, and thank you for the business.

Jim O'Dell
12-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Thank you Shiraz!! We all appreciate your openness and availability to us. I count that as something really special. Jim.

Scott Wigginton
12-31-2009, 10:27 PM
The 2010 catalog will be on line at midnight tonight. For those that are waiting for a catalog from us, our current catalog is always on line. http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2009/main/1

So while others count down in Times Square, we'll be counting down refreshes on our computers! :D

Dave Lehnert
12-31-2009, 10:33 PM
so while others count down in times square, we'll be counting down refreshes on our computers! :d

5-4-3-2-1- Happy Grizzly catalog:)

Cary Falk
12-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Mine came today. No need to stay up till midnight.:D

Michael Heffernan
12-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Got my 2010 Catalog in the mail today. If only I had more space in my shop and more greenbacks in my bank account....

Dave Lehnert
01-01-2010, 12:57 AM
12:04 and no 2010 catalog yet.:D

Scott Wigginton
01-01-2010, 9:00 AM
12:04 and no 2010 catalog yet.:D

Yeah, I tried once but was ready to crash anyway. Its up now

Grizzly 2010 Catalog (http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2010/Main/)

Dave Hasson
01-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Jim, I'm seeing both a cast iron router table extension and a sliding table attachment advertised in the Grizzly add in the Jan 2010 Wood Shop News. Looks like the G0691 is advertised at $1350, the router table extension at $395, and the sliding table at $550. The sliding table is extruded aluminum and from the small picture included looks a bit like the Jessum table.

MPQ

I wonder if that sliding table will fit the G0661? The tops of each saw appear to be the same size. It looks like the slider replaces one of the wings. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Wayne Jolly
01-01-2010, 3:29 PM
I've already spent about $200,000 (virtual). Give or take a hundred grand or two.

xeddog

Harold Burrell
01-01-2010, 10:48 PM

Most of next month off, you say???

No problem.

And...well...this might be a good time to bring this up...

It seems that since nearly everyone here has their own catalogs now...well...I won't be needing your services any longer.

Thanks for your help. Your check is in the mail.

:D

Dave Lehnert
01-02-2010, 6:37 PM
I am now in possession of a brand new 2010 catalog. :)

I will be off-line till further notice :D

Matt Meiser
01-05-2010, 8:18 AM
THE NEW GRIZZLY CATALOGS ARE HERE! THE NEW GRIZZLY CATALOGS ARE HERE!!! :D

I got mine yesterday. Of course the carrier damaged it in shipping and I didn't notice 'til after they left. And I bet I'll have to get a whole new one because replacement covers are out of stock. :rolleyes: :D

Eddie Darby
01-05-2010, 1:32 PM
I believe Shiraz said the new DP was not coming out until spring.

I didn't see any new Drill Presses so I hope that they will be out soon.
It sure would be nice to have a drill press that offers woodworkers a better set-up, since most are using metalworking drill presses.

The Delta 20-950 bit the dust!:(

Keith Avery
01-12-2010, 8:30 PM
Keith, depending on timing, we do not send catalogs out if new ones are due out within a short time. Appears to be the case here. Your name probably got added to the 2010 list and so you should expect that within the first two weeks of January. I am puzzled that you were told one would be sent priority mail and still got missed. Sorry about that.

Happy new Year all, and thank you for the business.

Still no Catalog. 66 days and counting. LV sent me one in a week!!! So did Rockler, so did Woodcraft, so did Oneida. Oneida already followed up with a sailesman asking if I had any questions. This is making my dust collector choice easier. I am in sales also and I know things fall through the cracks, but if I tell someone something is being sent priority mail it definitely has been put in the mail box. No exception.

Callan Campbell
01-12-2010, 8:43 PM
Still no Catalog. 66 days and counting. LV sent me one in a week!!! So did Rockler, so did Woodcraft, so did Oneida. Oneida already followed up with a sailesman asking if I had any questions. This is making my dust collector choice easier. I am in sales also and I know things fall through the cracks, but if I tell someone something is being sent priority mail it definitely has been put in the mail box. No exception.

I just got mine this week. So, they're getting to us, maybe a bit longer in your case.:o:o:o

Shiraz Balolia
01-13-2010, 10:32 AM

Keith - we looked up people with your name in our system. Three Keith Averys. One in Franklin, TN (was sent the 2010 catalog), one in Brentwood, TN (was sent one priority mail on Jan.5, 2010), one in Corpus Christy (old customer).

Further, certain parts of the country require poly bagging of catalogs. We are getting reports of some poly bags being ripped off so those catalogs become undeliverable. When you send several million calalogs a year, something is always going on with deliveries. If you are not one of the above, please call again and let them know that you have been waiting for your catalog for several weeks and to get one out via Priority Mail.

Dave Gaul
01-13-2010, 2:17 PM
So, I am hoping that withing the next month or two, I'll be looking to get a real table saw to replace my delta "shopmaster" table top! Been eye-balling several Grizzly models, especially the new G0438RLX! Looking at some other brands too, but the more I read about Grizzly here on SMC, their great CS stories, and the fact that Mr. Balolia FREQUENTLY posts here... REALLY leaning towards a Grizzly TS!!

2010 Grizzly catalog ordered just now!

David Helm
01-13-2010, 2:42 PM
Got my 2010 catalog on December 30 . . . but I live in Bellingham.

Steve Southwood
01-13-2010, 3:41 PM
I have gotten 2 so far. Maybe I got one of ya'lls.

Don Bullock
01-13-2010, 4:48 PM
It came last week but I can't bear to look at it. I'm sure I'd want too many things that I can't afford.;):D

Bill White
01-13-2010, 5:48 PM
Just a note to Shiraz.....
Good on ya for usin' recycled paper.:D
Bill