PDA

View Full Version : I must have been a good boy this year! How about you?

Josh Bowman
12-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Got a Stanley #2, #112, #21, Veritas Bench Pup an old bench screw to make a leg vise.

Chris S Anderson
12-26-2009, 12:58 PM
You got me beat, but I never really expect much for christmas in terms of wood shop stuff. I have too much already (from everyone ele's viewpoint). I got 2 sets of chisels, well, the LN ones were just a picture because they were not delivered yet, but it's a pretty picture.

I think the best present I got was the reactions from the cutting boards I made for my sisters. Even my teenage nephews and neices were impressed...which says a lot to me.

My dad gave me a brand new rip saw he found in a house he was clearing out after a foreclosure...which is awesome. My dad has never given me a tool, not even the ones he 'borrowed' from my shop. :mad:

Phillip Pattee
12-26-2009, 1:46 PM
I received the Veritas side rabbet plane and both the large and small spoke shave kits. My wife (Santa) was good to me.:)

Bob Haverstock
12-26-2009, 4:55 PM
Sounds like we three were good boys. You guys got nice toys.

Bob

harry strasil
12-26-2009, 5:04 PM
I got this, the red yard stick I already had LOL.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/irnsrgn/other/xmas09.jpg

Josh Bowman
12-26-2009, 5:14 PM
I got this, the red yard stick I already had LOL.

I feel your pain, I use to live in Marquette MI, Northern MI! Now I'm in SE TN and havn't hardly seen a snow in years!
Yep is a cold ;) 45 degrees here!

Jacob Mac
12-26-2009, 7:27 PM
Harry,

That looks like my driveway. Except, I had a five foot snow bank butted up against my garage door. I despise winter. I keep trying to get my wife to move further south with me, but so far no luck.

Karl Wicklund
12-26-2009, 8:20 PM
My father-in-law gifted me a Disston D-8 he'd very lovingly reconditioned, plus a set of small carving chisels. Funny how a little tooling up gets my butt in gear! I went out to the shop and kept on insulating...

harry strasil
12-26-2009, 8:44 PM
some in texas got their by hanging a snow shovel on the hood and when people started asking what that was, they stopped. LOL

Josh Bowman
12-26-2009, 9:32 PM
some in texas got their by hanging a snow shovel on the hood and when people started asking what that was, they stopped. LOL
That's funny! When I got out of the service in the UP of MI, I told people that I tied a snow shovel on the front of my UHaul and drove until I was asked what it was then drove another 100 miles that put me in Chattanooga TN

harry strasil
12-26-2009, 9:37 PM
Why I love Nebraska, if you don't like the weather wait until tomorrow. LOL

It's winter in Nebraska
And the gentle breezes blow,
70 miles per hour at 25 below!

Oh, how I love Nebraska
When the snow's up to your butt;
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose is frozen shut

Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave Nebraska,
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground.

This Global Warming is really fun, FOR THE KIDS, That is.

Now you know why I grow a beard in the winter, too many times in the past laying under a combine on a wind swept knoll welding on a broken combine. fingers, toes, ears and one side of my face frostbitten too many times to remember. When you flip a welding hood down the wind no matter what direction will whistle thru from one side to the other and your breath gets frozen to your face unless you wear a beard to provide a dead air space for insulation.

David Gendron
12-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Jr., you are quite the poet! Love it! I move frome Quebec Canada where there is a lot of snow but also raine in the winter to Yukon Canada(15h east of Anchorage USA) where in the winter it never raine, and little snow!!!
As for the OP question, I was a realy good boy but bought all my tools befor christmas, and anyway, TLOML wouldn't know what I need... It's a secret!

derek sikes
12-27-2009, 7:54 AM
I got a LN medium shoulder plane from my mother in law, proving again that she is the most awesome mother in law in the world. My wife said she didn't want to get me tools for christmas because it was too practical, and those make better fathers day gifts :)

Rob Luter
12-27-2009, 8:36 AM
My wife and Daughter conspired to get me a couple LN Mortise Chisels. I guess I've been good.

Jamie Cowan
12-27-2009, 11:46 PM
My dad bought me the Lie-Nielsen 40 1/2 scrub plane. Love it. Almost too pretty to use. Also, it is sort of a big deal because Dad had to do some research in an area outside of his wheelhouse. Brother in Law got me a Starrett 2 ft. rule to go with my combination square (which he gave me a couple years ago. Pretty good brother in law).