Digital Height Gauge

and my wife gave me the go ahead to order the

Grizzly G0555 Band Saw

John Coloccia
12-26-2009, 12:53 AM
Veritas Bevel Up Smoothing plane

Matt Stiegler
12-26-2009, 1:53 AM
The new Schwarz/Moskowitz book 'The Joiner and Cabinet Maker,' and a LV gift card that I believe will alchemize into a Muji high angle smoother.

Gato Markham2
12-26-2009, 2:22 AM
first sears gift card going to new tool box griplatch. blue borg gift card. but best and funny bright American flag ball cap with a bright led light that will light my reading in bed and projects and fridge midnite run!:cool:

Mike Heidrick
12-26-2009, 2:23 AM
Craftsman 3/8 thin profile high polish ratchet
Insert tooling knives for raised panel shaper cutter
Back cutter for raised panel head
Entry Door / Cabinet Door set

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e169/BloomingtonMike/edcdset.jpg

Bill ThompsonNM
12-26-2009, 3:09 AM
Rockler cookies,
dewalt RAS
systematic blade for RAS
oshlum dado set
dremel tool
veritas micro shoulder plane (wow)
Mr Sawdust RAS book
so merry Xmas to all!

Larry Norton
12-26-2009, 4:12 AM
The closest thing I got to woodworking stuff was 2 HD gift cards and 1 Lowes gift card.

Guy Germaine
12-26-2009, 5:50 AM
My son got me this:
http://images.rockler.com/rockler/images/27712-02-500.jpg

Brian Penning
12-26-2009, 7:04 AM
er....a GPS? It's so I can find the lumberyard....yeah, that's it...find the lumberyard...lol

Ken Shoemaker
12-26-2009, 7:53 AM
Incra V27 Miter gauge....... Oh Glory!!!!!!! So THAT"S what an accurate miter looks like..:rolleyes:

mike wacker
12-26-2009, 8:04 AM
Makita SCMS Model LS1016L

Chris Kennedy
12-26-2009, 8:08 AM
Rockler bench dogs
Veritas mini-marking gauge
Odd Job
Magnetic-base work light
Cube angle gauge

Also, a Lee Valley gift card, which was immediately used to purchase their new dovetail and crosscut saws.

Merry Christmas to all.

Cheers,

Chris

George Sanders
12-26-2009, 8:25 AM
My gifts were from myself. Last week I bought 2 planers at an auction. First was a Craftsman badged Parks with a 1 HP Craftsman motor. $200. Next was a Belsaw 985 with a 5 HP marathon motor. $50. This makes 4 planers...2 Parks and 2 Belsaw. There's a method to this madness. I will put the 5 horse motor on my Belsaw9103 and use it for planing/molding operations and put a 3 horse on the 985 and get the sanding head for it and use it for a dedicated sander. The pair of parks will be sold later.

Cliff Holmes
12-26-2009, 8:29 AM
I got nothing, but my wife got a PM 3520b lathe. On the other hand, I've spent about $8k on other equipment this year, so I'm doing just fine :)

Jim O'Dell
12-26-2009, 9:10 AM
LOML and I decided not to do anything specific to put under the tree for each other. She is fixing her keepsake locket (that I got her 2 years ago) chain that is broken, and I bought some fittings for the DC at Lowes. My parents sent us a check for both of us that we will use for a ceiling fan for the guest bedroom. Don't know what's from her Dad, but probably money. If so I'll use that for some items I need to properly set up the gift I bought for myself. Veritas straight edge from Lee Valley, a laundry list of items to make the mobile base, and some more DC parts. (Yes, the Grizzly G0691!! Yes I'm still stoked, even after all this time dreaming. ;))
That will just about do it.
Well, need to get cleaned up and loaded for the late trip to my parents for the late Christmas get together. Jim.

Bill Huber
12-26-2009, 9:22 AM
The only thing I got was orders from people for things they would like to have me make.

Another kids table and chairs, 2 more cutting boards and a coat rack. I didn't get anything to help me make any of them......

But what I got was awesome, a professional done portrait of my kids, their families, framed in a large frame.

Chris S Anderson
12-26-2009, 9:35 AM
LN chisels, LN shoulder plane, Home Depot gift cards, a bottle of scotch (for after woodworking).

Mike Black Milford, MI
12-26-2009, 9:40 AM
A Wixey digital angle gauge

Mitchell Andrus
12-26-2009, 10:30 AM
Well.... I got mine early. In Sept. SWMBO and I bought a nice house in NC that we'll be moving to in 2010.

The WW part:

Jacob Mac
12-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Well.... I got mine early. In Sept. SWMBO and I bought a nice house in NC that we'll be moving to in 2010.

The WW part:

Wow, that looks like it will be great. Congratulations. I can't wait for the day that I can move out of the basement into a stand alone shop.

I got a used FMt and a DP for christmas. I love both tools, and feel really lucky to have received them.

Aaron Harvey
12-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Oshlun 8" dado set from my in-laws
I ordered the Milwaukee 5616-24 router kit yesterday, and
I just happened to pick up never-used brad and finish nailers on CL the other night for a good deal.

If you count pre-Christmas, when I was buying my dad a Wixey digital angle guage, I picked up some bench cookies, wooden clamps, and a non-Wixey level/bevel cube that were on sale. So a pretty nice Christmas so far. A bonus is, my wife said I could watch for the cashback to jump up and I could jump on a Grizzly G0555 bandsaw. Hoping Santa Bing pulls through one of these days. :)

Merry Christmas all.

Matt Meiser
12-26-2009, 10:50 AM
My parents got me the Woodpecker router table fence and free hand bit guard, both for Christmas and as a thank you for doing their kitchen. I got got the Pinnacle version of the PRL-V2 lift for my birthday a few weeks ago. I got myself the Byrd head for my jointer, a Pinnacle router table top, and a PC 7518 motor for the table. Now I've got enough shop projects to keep me busy all winter. :rolleyes:

Don Morris
12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
Under my tree was: 1) a Dust Deputy, 2) an air hose reel that will go on top of a soon to be built support on my 2HP 20gal compressor so I can get that ##$$%%^&^ 100' of hose off the ground in my small shop.
Have a safe, blessed Holiday Season everyone!

Zach England
12-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Sewing machine---I intend to use it to do some upholstery for a morris chair and a few other projects I am considering. i figure that is sort of woodworking-related. Sewing machines are power tools, right?

Richard Gibson
12-26-2009, 11:34 AM
a 4' 10-plug surge protector
2 shop mechanical pencils
2 25' tapes with LARGE numbers on them
6 carpenter pencils and a pull to attach one to your belt
24" Husky level (and the mailing tube my daughter used to wrap it in... I made into a dowel holder :)

Peter Quinn
12-26-2009, 11:53 AM
I got a dovetail saw, grinding tool rest, draw bore pins and Sorby corner chisels from LV, a Wixey height gauge for the planer, some bench cookies, a subscription to FWW renewed, a cool Carhart tool apron, and a bucket head vacuum so I can clean up my act! I guess working sharper and cleaner are on my list of goals this next year?

Myk Rian
12-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Sewing machine---I intend to use it to do some upholstery for a morris chair and a few other projects I am considering. i figure that is sort of woodworking-related. Sewing machines are power tools, right?
Hey, I own one also. Bought it several years ago to make kites.

Pat Zabrocki
12-26-2009, 12:55 PM
I went a little overboard on myself... 2 wenzloff saws, a LN mitre plane, LN large shoulder plane, and and Grizzly 513x2 bandsaw.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.
Pat

Rod Sheridan
12-26-2009, 1:02 PM
I was lucky enough to receive exactly what I asked for, although it wasn't wood working related.

My friends and family got together and sponsored Christmas dinner for 100 homeless people in Toronto, in lieu of gifts for me.

At dinner yesterday we were able to raise a glass in toast to the 100 other people enjoying Christmas dinner with us. It was very satisfying.

Regards, Rod

Steve Rozmiarek
12-26-2009, 1:17 PM
My birthday is today, so for Christmas I got the go ahead for another router and the same for my birthday. I was whining about having two for the dovetail jig. The best thing I got though was a very unexpected reprieve for my shop dachshund. She was very sick the 23rd, and nobody figured she's make it. Seems to be nearly fine now. In fact, I was whining about routers after making a casket for her. What a crazy Christmas!

Mark Godlesky
12-26-2009, 1:18 PM
That is excellent, Rod, and in the true spirit of Christmas!

Bruce Page
12-26-2009, 1:35 PM
A Lee Valley gift certificate. I think I'll order that brad point drill set that I have been lusting for...;)

Steven DeMars
12-26-2009, 1:36 PM
WW Goodies For Christmas . . . I got a WIXEY Digital Height Gauge to set-up my table saw & that router table that has yet to be built . . .

Also a complete set of drill/collar stops . . . now I won't come out the other side as often . . .

Steve

P.S.

The wife got a Makita LS1016L Miter Saw which she said she will let me have after I build a set of bookshelves for the living room with it . . .:D

She also said if I don't build a set of book shelves she will "LET ME HAVE IT" . . . Isn't English a wonderful language . . .

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-26-2009, 1:54 PM
"Let me have it"....too funny!!

I got the OK to get myself a new TS and router lift in the past few weeks, so I'm all set :)

Funny story - I keep a small whiteboard (dry-erase) in my shop for quick notes, and even a "wish list". The wish list was VERY outdated, but the wife didn't know that. She saw "DW735" and looked it up, and was confused - "he already has that". Then she saw some numbers written down ("CR2032"), and looked that up too. That turned out to be a button battery (for my Wixey gauge), and she didn't know what the *!(&# to do. So she'll be letting me get my own shop stuff from now on....

Greg Wittler
12-26-2009, 1:57 PM
I got a Rock, And A Jaw Horse

Dick Brown
12-26-2009, 1:59 PM
I was given a Wixey angle gage by my son-in-law and had to slightly bend the truth when the kids called and I thanked them for it. They said "Did you already have one?" I said "No, I have never had a Wixey and I am sure i will love it".
Now to find a new home for the "Tilt Box" before they come and see it in the shop drawer.
Dick

Michael Drew
12-26-2009, 2:15 PM
I’m feeling extremely spoiled today….. Nobody knows what to get me, ever, so I have an Amazon wish list that is public to me friends / family.

My girlfriend bought me an Incra TS table saw fence, Incra 3000SE miter and a Delta tenoning jig.
My son bought me a Forest 48T table saw blade.
I bought myself a used Unisaw a couple weeks ago.
Non-woodworking but nice….. Some friends bought me a bottle of 21 year old Glenlivit in a wooden case.

Dean Karavite
12-26-2009, 2:43 PM
I'm ashamed to admit it, but I think I was my own best Santa all year long. Oh man, looking back on the year in terms of shop purchases is interesting to say the least. However, to keep things in the holiday spirit I did get some $$$ and am going to put it toward a bandsaw, but like almost everyone here I cannot make up my mind.

Mike Zilis
12-26-2009, 3:31 PM
I must admit, I've been my own best Santa all year long. My wife doesn't exactly support my Woodworking hobby because of the way it has taken over the basement. However, my Mother In Law had asked her what I wanted for Christmas and she gave her my Lee Valley Wish List.

So I scored nicely getting:

Coping Saw and blades
Table Saw Taper Jig
8" Engineering Square
Layout Square
Sorby Corner Chisel

-Mike

Erik Young
12-26-2009, 3:42 PM
Delta 3 hp Unisaw with 36" uni fence, outfeed table, tenoning jig and wood to make my wife a beading workstation armoir.

Peace,
Erik

Mick David
12-26-2009, 4:09 PM
My birthday was late November, so that + Christmas were very good to me this year as well:

-- Starret square
-- Narex mortise chisels
-- LV #4 smoothing plane
-- LN medium shoulder plane
-- LN dovetail saw
-- Garret Hack's "The Handplane Book"
-- Lee's Sharpening book
-- Lowes GC
-- smiling wife and laughing kids

Shawn Pixley
12-26-2009, 5:02 PM
My lovely bride surprised me with a Festool Domino. I'm thinking that she wants to encourage this thing....

She got a digital SLR, so maybe she did okay too.

DAVE HACKWORTH
12-26-2009, 6:47 PM
porter cable 7518:)

Michael Gibbons
12-26-2009, 7:01 PM
A lousy PC 3/8 router collet only because SWMBO and I made a plan to pay off some major bills in 2010 and we started this Christmas by paying cash for everything-NOTHING CHARGED!!!

Rob Wright
12-26-2009, 7:21 PM
2 Kreg right angle clamps
a TS55 blade
a Frued glue line rip blade
festool sanding blocks in a mini-systainer

It was a great Christmas!

Harold Burrell
12-26-2009, 9:58 PM
My family all gave me the very thing I wanted most...

$$$

(Which will very soon be exchanged for a new BS!)

Jim Becker
12-26-2009, 9:59 PM
About the only thing I got that I guess you could consider "woodworking related" is the red plaid flannel shirt I got from my mother. :) I didn't have any tools or woodworking items on my "list", actually.

Brian Effinger
12-26-2009, 10:19 PM
I got a few HD gift card and one for Rockler.
Also, my wife gave me a brand new Ci1 Easy Rougher. :D Of course, I'm the one that actually ordered it from Craft Supplies, but she did let me use her credit card.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Michael - I would say that getting your hands around your financial situation is a great gift to youselves.

Keith Christopher
12-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Would a 46" Samsung LED TV count if I was watching reruns of NYW and woodworks on it ? Perhaps a WWing DVD ?

Mike Henderson
12-26-2009, 10:31 PM
I got a Bedrock 604. Of course, I had to help select this gift - my wife's not that woodworking savvy. The body is in extremely good shape - the japanning is essentially 100% and there are no nicks or cracks and very little pitting on the sides or bottom. The knob was a problem - it was mahogany. May have been replaced somewhere along the line so I turned a new knob from some rosewood I had. I never heard of Stanley using mahogany knobs.

It's probably a type 6a Bedrock - SW iron (full length), "Stanley" on the lever cap, and large depth adjustment wheel - but it has two patent dates, rather than one. A type 7 would have all the same characteristics but would have only one patent date. So it was probably made about 1922.

Cleaned it up and sharpened the blade. Even used it for some work today.

Mike

[And thanks to Jim Koepke for helping me with a screw I needed.]

Richard McComas
12-26-2009, 10:39 PM
I asked santa 4 years ago and it took him this long to deliver but he finally did.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/rmccomas0043/agazznia.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/rmccomas0043/gagzznia.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o159/rmccomas0043/agazznia1.jpg

Edwood Ferrari
12-26-2009, 10:47 PM
I got the Ridgid Spindle/Belt sander on my list from my dear wife along with a Magnetic angle cube from Rockler. Oldest daughter gave me a HD gift card.

Not bad

Bruce Page
12-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I asked santa 4 years ago and it took him this long to deliver but he finally did.

Rich, that's a big'un. What size it it?

Richard McComas
12-26-2009, 11:07 PM
Rich, that's a big'un. What size it it?

It's a 24". 22 3/4 between the blade and the column. 16 3/4'' re-saw capacity.

Bruce Page
12-26-2009, 11:09 PM
It's a 24". 22 3/4 between the blade and the column. 16 3/4'' re-saw capacity.

That's sweet!

Brian J Page
12-26-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm pretty much a newb to woodworking and have to keep my tool collection small due to frequent moves, so I got the Rockler three piece clamp guide set.
http://images.rockler.com/rockler/images/32734-01-500.jpg

dan sherman
12-26-2009, 11:12 PM
I got a Freud 10" LU85R, more importantly now that the holidays are over I can start building my router table.

Heather Thompson
12-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Rich,

Did the BS come with the Driftmaster or did you have it hanging in the wings, best BS fence I have ever used. I got a brand new sewer pipe and will have a new front porch/steps/ sidewalk when the weather gets better, like my indoor plumbing way better than any bandsaw since I do not live in the country. :D Sweet bandsaw you have there, the 8750.00 we just spent would have been much better spent on a nice BS or other woodworking machines.

Heather

Richard McComas
12-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Rich,

Did the BS come with the Driftmaster or did you have it hanging in the wings, best BS fence I have ever used. I got a brand new sewer pipe and will have a new front porch/steps/ sidewalk when the weather gets better, like my indoor plumbing way better than any bandsaw since I do not live in the country. :D Sweet bandsaw you have there, the 8750.00 we just spent would have been much better spent on a nice BS or other woodworking machines.

HeatherI bought the DriftMaster a couple weeks ago and had it waiting. When I did my research on the DriftMaster I didn't find anyone who didn't like it.

Larry Crowder
12-26-2009, 11:37 PM
Festool TS 75 FEQ :D, Festool Systainer for 6" abrasives and Wixey digital height gauge from family. Got an 18V cordless B&D drill playing "Dirty Santa" at another family gathering today. Can never have too many drills!

Scott Vantine
12-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Wood working items I recieved:

Lee Valley Plane Hammer

Some Irwin Quick Clamps

Robertson Square Bit set from Lee Valley

three wood working books

and gift cards to the big box stores

Todd Hyman
12-27-2009, 10:08 AM
3m respirator (like wood whisperer)
dust collector attachment for Bosch 1590 jigsaw
Woodcraft gift card
Schwartz workbench book

Mike Wilkins
12-27-2009, 11:38 AM
I have been getting Santa gifts all year.
Got a Laguna Pro 6' Sliding Tablesaw in Feb.
Got another smaller portable compressor for taking to job sites.
Got all kinds of jigs, accessories and doodads this year also.
Also got to mingle with you folks all year. Great gift. Thanks.

Jeremy Brant
12-28-2009, 3:28 PM
Christmas got me a small giftcard to Sears, and my wife bought me a custom Mahogany sign for my garage that declares it Jeremy's Man Cave. Still waiting on it to arrive, but I checked out the site she bought from and it appears that the guy makes them on some sort of CAD station.

Otherwise, I've treated myself all year since I'm just starting to establish a shop. In addition to tools I owned for other house renovations before this year: used 8" Grizzly jointer, used PM66 w/ 50" Biesemeyer, used 17" Jet DP, RT1000 router table with Milwaukee 5625, a Milwaukee 5616, a Bosch 1617, Starrett combo square, Kreg K3 master kit, a new 60 gal Eaton compressor, couple sets of Bessey Revos, North safety respirator, Dowelmax, few Freud sawblades, Freud cabinet router bit set, 200bf of cherry, and a bunch of other odds and ends. Santa is good to himself!:D Also contracted for a new insulated garage door to be put in sometime in the next couple weeks (going from two 8' doors to one 18' door).

The list for this coming year is much shorter...Thinking I'd like a pin nailer, some decent chisels, and hoping I find a decent bandsaw for a good price on CL.

Jerome Hanby
12-28-2009, 5:02 PM
Got a Kreg K3 master kit, a drywall square, and some carpentry pencils (in my stocking). I knew about the K3, so I treated myself to screws and clamps to go with it.

Jerome Hanby
12-28-2009, 5:03 PM
Got a Kreg K3 master kit, a drywall square, and some carpentry pencils (in my stocking). I knew about the K3, so I treated myself to screws and clamps to go with it.

My wife got two wolverine jigs (one standard and one complete vari grind)

paul cottingham
12-28-2009, 7:32 PM
Got a Leigh super fmt. Pretty sweet.

Scott Wigginton
12-28-2009, 9:22 PM
Birthday is tomorrow so some more might be coming /hint hint

Only direct tool is a Veritas DX60 Premium Block Plane, but also got some cash so I'm looking at the Incra aluminum router plate (wish I woulda gotten in while they had their Phenolic plates discounted to $40)

Joshua Layne
12-29-2009, 1:08 AM
There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

never thought I would see this on a woodworking forum... what about the other 8 people? :p

oh, and on-topic? I've been buying myself stuff for a while now - family complains I am impossible to buy presents for... I guess I am a wee bit particular.