PDA

View Full Version : A real gem from the millenial Generation

Brian Brown
12-25-2009, 9:07 PM
So I gave my brother a circuit board pen for Christmas. He asked a bunch of questions about how it was made, then set it on the table as he opened other gifts. A few minutes later my nephew (17) saw the pen and picked it up. As he was looking at the circuit board inside he looked at by brother and totally seriously he asked "What does it do"? My brother looked at him and again in total seriousness, said "it writes".

The whole room erupted in laughter, and my nephew looked around with a look of "what did I say"? It is amazing that the current generation of youth assumes that everything has some incredible technological function. Nothing can exist solely for the purpose of asthetics. This was especially true when he saw the evidence of the electronics in the pen. Oh well, it made for a good laugh from everyone in the room.

Bernie Weishapl
12-25-2009, 9:45 PM
ROFLOL Now Brian that is funny. Looking back at the younger generation you are right. If it doesn't have a bunch of bells and whistles it ain't cool.

curtis rosche
12-25-2009, 10:00 PM
you should to one pen that has a button on it, so that it looks even more like it does something :)

Steve Schlumpf
12-25-2009, 10:21 PM
That's a great story Brian and I am sure the kid was surprised when everyone started laughing!

Richard Madison
12-25-2009, 11:27 PM
Good story Brian, but just a little frightening too.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-25-2009, 11:39 PM
While it is funny, it's cyclical.

I can remember some of the comments when the Beatles first appeared on the music scene.

I was playing rock music at the time and I obviously deserved watching as I was probably a fringe criminal.

Dan Forman
12-26-2009, 3:56 AM
In defense of the poor young lad, who other than a turner and their family/friends would expect to see a circuit board pen that did nothing but write? It's still pretty funny the way it played out, but a pretty natural question too, from the uninitiated.

Dan