PDA

View Full Version : Deal or no deal, GO514

mark kosse
12-24-2009, 3:48 PM
Just wondering what someone else thought about this deal. Older but in good shape GO514 with aluminum wheels, 700.00. I'm thinking its an OK price. What say YE.

mark kosse
12-24-2009, 9:15 PM
Wow, No thoughts at all?

Harold Burrell
12-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Just wondering what someone else thought about this deal. Older but in good shape GO514 with aluminum wheels, 700.00. I'm thinking its an OK price. What say YE.

It doesn't sound like a bad deal (neither does it sound great). I am not really familiar with the older model. Is this somebody you know? CL?

The reason I am asking is because if you have time you might want to call grizzly and ask them about the differences in models.

If, however, you are pressed for time you might want to offer him $600 and see what he says.

I'm thinking that the worst he will do will be to say "No".

And maybe hit you in the face...

Guy Belleman
12-26-2009, 2:44 AM
The 0514 is produced any more and the newer 0514X and 0514X2 are much improved machines. If I remember correctly, the 0514 first came out for about $950. Depending on any additional features, blades and mobile base, it would seem to me that $400-600 would be good/fair deal range.

Barry Vabeach
12-26-2009, 2:28 PM
Mark, the current Grizzly lineup, IMHO, is great in terms of fit and finish. I don't think that there is a bright line when they went from horrible to great, but if the bandsaw you are looking at is less than 5 years old, I would go for it. The aluminum v. cast iron wheels is not that big a deal in use. Bring some wood and see how it works.

Carroll Courtney
12-26-2009, 2:49 PM
I think that the price is top out and maybe running alittle closer to being overprice.But,if its been in a home shop then it probable has not seen alot of use,and that would increase the value of the BS.I would call and ask what is the bottom dollar that the seller will take right now.Then go and take a very closer look,scratch your head,pick at the bottom lip,then pull out the cash,if the saw looks good.Better be some pics this afternoon are the pic police will come and take it away.:DGood Luck----Carroll

glenn bradley
12-26-2009, 2:58 PM
Wow, No thoughts at all?

Well, it was Christmas Eve and all ;-)