PDA

View Full Version : Incra 1000se combo or Incra 5000

Matt Schuman
12-24-2009, 11:59 AM
Are there functional differences between the 1000se combo (with the miter express) and the 5000? I've tried searching old threads, but don't find anything that really points out the differences. I'm looking to put one of the 2 on a Ridgid R4511. Cost aside, which one and why?

Cary Falk
12-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Here is the Incra comparison chart.
http://www.incra.com/product_miter_express_chart.htm
Looks like the 5000 has more angle stops, longer fence, greater crosscut capacity, and more miter bar adjustments. It doesn't look you can remove the miter gauge from the sled like the 1000SE. I have the 1000SE combination and like it a lot. I used to have a big sled that I could never get exactly perfectly square. It is no longer used and has been disassembled.

Matt Schuman
12-24-2009, 12:55 PM
Thanks, Cary...I never even thought to look at Incra's website. Amazon has the combo for $240 right now, think I may just say Merry Christmas to me!

Greg Wittler
12-24-2009, 1:00 PM
My original plan was to get the Incra3000 and add a sled but I didn't like it as it was too long because there is another adjustment to add .5 degrees and I will be using it on a Cabinet saw which is probably longer than I hybrid (assumpition as I have not seen the 4511 except in a picture). On the Ridgid I would definately feel like it was too long. With the 5000 having the same amount of stops, I would assume it is as long or longer (it shows a longer dimension, but that could be due to the sled). I actually got the 3000 and sent it right back (issues with how it was packaged from Woodworkers suppy) and ordered the 1000HD from Amazon for $119 (through the Saw Mill Creek Link) with plans to add the sled soon.