PDA

View Full Version : CAMaster Customer Service Does It Again!

Bryan Cowan
12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
I was 95% complete with running a file when my Z-axis decided to stop working. The X- and Y-axis worked fine but without the tool pulling up, it ate into some of the material. The Z-axis was dead to the wind.

I immediately called Jim @ 10:56am and began talking with him for a bit. Few moments later I'm talking with Joey and Frank at CAMaster. Frank gave me instructions over the phone as to what may have happened and what we needed to try. Apparently the Z-drive decided to take an early Christmas vacation, but luckily I had a spare drive. Frank told me to swap the wires, move a jumper, change Mach3 settings and bada-bing, bada-boom, it's working again.

From the moment I talked to Jim to when I hung up with Frank was 30 minutes. I went from completely down to back up and running again thanks to these guys...on Christmas Eve no less!

Thanks a lot guys!

Bryan

Bob Savage
12-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Excellent CS!

So you just happened to have an extra motor laying around? I wouldn't have been so "lucky."

I like what I'm hearing about the troubleshootings skills at CAMaster. Without those skills... well, it's like being on the phone with most help desks. :D

James Jaragosky
12-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Excellent CS!

So you just happened to have an extra motor laying around? I wouldn't have been so "lucky."

I like what I'm hearing about the troubleshootings skills at CAMaster. Without those skills... well, it's like being on the phone with most help desks. :D
I do not think he was referring to a motor. he was most likely referring to a driver. and if he has a lathe on his machine he could have used the driver from that to temperately replace the broken z driver.
But this all speculation on my part.
Mary Christmas to the helpful Elves at Camaster.

Bryan Cowan
12-24-2009, 12:52 PM
I do not think he was referring to a motor. he was most likely referring to a driver. and if he has a lathe on his machine he could have used the driver from that to temperately replace the broken z driver.
But this all speculation on my part.
Mary Christmas to the helpful Elves at Camaster.

Bingo. I had an extra driver that wasn't being used. Luckily Frank told me what to do and we got it back running. Unsure how it all happened, but let's hope it doesn't happen again. I'm out of spare drivers. :)

Bob Savage
12-24-2009, 1:27 PM
I love happy endings.

Merry Christmas, guys.

Michael Schwartz
12-24-2009, 2:31 PM
glad to hear your up and running.

james mcgrew
12-24-2009, 5:59 PM
its a few bucks well spent but i keep extra drives and an extra motor around most all other parts are more readily available. if you depend on your router consider this!!, they are after all just electronic components and while manufacturers are easy to replace them, it is the time in between that is frustrating. glad we could help!!

jim

Bryan Cowan
12-25-2009, 9:00 AM
its a few bucks well spent but i keep extra drives and an extra motor around most all other parts are more readily available. if you depend on your router consider this!!, they are after all just electronic components and while manufacturers are easy to replace them, it is the time in between that is frustrating. glad we could help!!

jim

I believe Frank said in my case I would need to replace the entire motherboard if this were to happen to another drive. Not sure about that cost :D