PDA

View Full Version : 33.2 degrees and falling...with snow!

Jim O'Dell
12-24-2009, 9:40 AM
In Weatherford Tx!!! (Just west of Ft Worth) This is about as close to a white Christmas as we're likely to ever see. Calling for 1-3" accumulation. So far, not sticking to the cars on the lot, but the snow is pretty light. It started sleeting on my when I pulled into the parking lot at 7:50. I thought all we were supposed to get was rain. It's also 8 degrees colder than predicted.
But regardless, it not likely to stay overnight. Merry Christmas!! Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2009, 9:44 AM
That white stuff is no big deal.

Merry Christmas to you and yours Jim!

Jim O'Dell
12-24-2009, 9:49 AM
Ken, you didn't get a chance to see Texas drivers when it's wet or slick when you were here!!!!:eek: :D Jim.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2009, 9:53 AM
But Jim...the Idaho drivers have to relearn every year. I'm not sure...must be something in the water that prevents their retention....

SLOW DOWN DUMMY!

Brian Effinger
12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
But Jim...the Idaho drivers have to relearn every year. I'm not sure...must be something in the water that prevents their retention....

SLOW DOWN DUMMY!
It the same here in Buffalo.

In Weatherford Tx!!! (Just west of Ft Worth) This is about as close to a white Christmas as we're likely to ever see. Calling for 1-3" accumulation. So far, not sticking to the cars on the lot, but the snow is pretty light. It started sleeting on my when I pulled into the parking lot at 7:50. I thought all we were supposed to get was rain. It's also 8 degrees colder than predicted.
But regardless, it not likely to stay overnight. Merry Christmas!! Jim.
Isn't that something. You will have more snow on Christmas than we will! :eek: We're going to have the crappiest weather on Christmas - Rain and freezing rain. Its not supposed to rain on Christmas! And the little bit of snow we do have, will melt in it.

And Merry Christmas you guys! :)

Jim O'Dell
12-24-2009, 10:28 AM
32.5 now. Snow sticking to the vehicles and the grass. Service Director just grabbed a snow ball and headed to the GMC showroom floor. Service Mgr. made one and headed to the shop.:D We may not be making money, but we will have some fun! :D Jim.

JohnT Fitzgerald
12-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Hey Jim, enjoy the snow when you can. Assuming you don't mind driving in it, that is....

I just noticed you're a GM service advisor. Any problem if I shoot you an email/question every now and then? I drive an Acadia, and my wife drives a Yukon....

Ken Fitzgerald
12-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Jim,

A week and a half ago.....I waited 3 hours while having my studded snow tires installed on my company van.

It's a good thing I did......I got a call last night and Saturday morning, I have to drive 110 miles and help a fellow FE work on a down MR scanner. We are waiting for a 300 lb part to arrive. This time of year we'll be lucky if it arrives on Friday....special handling.....big bucks shipping costs.

Jim O'Dell
12-24-2009, 10:54 AM
John, feel free to pm me. I'm not a GM expert yet (2 years) but I've got some gurus here that are very knowledgeable. Will be glad to help.
Ken, just be careful when you do head out. Oh, and the drivers here never learned how to drive in it in the first place, so there no relearning curve, just one big endless loop! ;) Jim.

Michael Wetzel
12-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Some people just can't drive in snow whether it is the 1st or 20th snowfall of the season. I put a decent number of hours in plowing at work. I don't even think twice about driving in the snow or ice anymore.

What worries me is what the other people on the road do. Tailgating during a snowstorm is what annoys me the most. The 4" drop hitch stays on my work truck and my truck as a present for anyone who is driving stupid.

Paul Ryan
12-24-2009, 11:54 AM

SLOW DOWN DUMMY!

It never fails it is the same stuff here. 1st snowfall the dummies our out and thick. In mankato there was a 12 car pile up the 1st day there was snow. We go through this every year. When the road gets white and wet slow down.

We got another 7" last night and are focasted by the good old weather terrorists to get hit with another 7-12" tonight. A few weeks ago was suposed to be the storm of the century and we maybe got 8" if you strech it. If that was the case maybe this is the TSNONAMI of the century.