PDA

View Full Version : Full Extension drawer slides

John Gregory
10-11-2004, 10:45 AM
Has anyone done business with www.gliderite.com (http://www.gliderite.com) ? Their prices on full extension draw slides are so low, I wonder if the quaility is good. For example, a 22" 100 pound rated pair at Lowes is $15.99. If you buy the same size from GlideRite, in lots of 15 pair, it works out to be $4.33 per pair. Hence you can see why I am turning to members here at SMC to check on this before I order. Thanks in advance for your help

John

Bob Smalser
10-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Why use them at all?

This is good enuf for me and much, much easier on the pocketbook.

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL12/1104763/2594265/40988956.jpg

http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL12/1104763/2594265/40996853.jpg

Jamie Buxton
10-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Has anyone done business with www.gliderite.com (http://www.gliderite.com) ? Their prices on full extension draw slides are so low, I wonder if the quaility is good. For example, a 22" 100 pound rated pair at Lowes is $15.99. If you buy the same size from GlideRite, in lots of 15 pair, it works out to be $4.33 per pair. Hence you can see why I am turning to members here at SMC to check on this before I order. Thanks in advance for your help

John

Wow, that is very inexpensive!
I don't see mechanical specs on that site. I presume they are physically interchangeable with industry leaders like Accuride and KV -- most specifically, they take a 1/2" gap between the drawer and the case. If these no-names are interchangeable, then you could buy them and install them. If they're cheesy right out of the box, or if they fail prematurely, replace them with name-brand slides.

Don Abele
10-11-2004, 11:49 AM
John, I haven't used Gliderite but instead use Custom Service Hardware (https://www.cshardware.com/). I have been using them exclusively for 100# full extension slides for the past 3 years. I just bought (and installed last night) some 20" slides. They cost $6.69 a pair. The ones I installed 3 years ago are still working perfectly without any problems.

For you, the 22 inch slides are item number W39.1170.22 and cost $6.99 a pair (or $5.82 from 15-150 pairs). Gliderite is still cheaper, so long as you want to buy them in large quantities.

One warning though - their website is a little difficult to navigate the first time and you can not bookmark individual pages. But having done it once or twice in the past, I can whip right through it.

Be sure you let us know their quality if you go with them. It'll be a nice source for bulk orders.

Be well,

Doc

John Gregory
10-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I would prefer to pay a couple of bucks extra for a known value. I think I will go with your suggestion.

thanks again

Steve Clardy
10-11-2004, 12:37 PM
I use KV slides for my ball bearing applications, and Fulterer for my standard 3/4 slides. KV's run me about 6.00 a pair in quanities of 10.
Some time ago my hardware supplier started handling gliderite, and the prices on the standard 3/4 slides intruged me, so I purchased a box of 25 to sample them.
Well, I think they are kinda cheesy myself. Very light weight. China made.
I have not had any of their full extensions slides so cannot really comment on them, but having their regular slides in hand, I think I will stay with KV brand.
Steve

Jeremy Bracey
10-11-2004, 1:58 PM
I have used 3 boxes (45 pair) of them so far. They arent as smooth as $15 a pair units but they are more than decent for the price. The only drawback: Shipping for a box of 15. Gliderite is on the Left coast. I paid $45 per box plus $24 shipping!

The good news, even with shipping they are still half the price of lowes.

John Gregory
10-11-2004, 2:01 PM
I went ahead and order from the site Don told me about. And I am glad I did after your comments about gliderite. Don's positive experience sold me on his supplier. Rockler, Woodworkers supply and Lowes are $16 a pair, seemed VERY over priced to me.

Steve Clardy
10-11-2004, 2:16 PM
I went ahead and order from the site Don told me about. And I am glad I did after your comments about gliderite. Don's positive experience sold me on his supplier. Rockler, Woodworkers supply and Lowes are $16 a pair, seemed VERY over priced to me.
Yes. I stay with cabinet supplier co's also. I do not buy from Rockler, Borg's, etc., due to their high prices.
If I purchased just a few each year, it would be easier to justify their prices, but I buy hundreds of sets. Just a quick look on my slide inventory, I probably have two hundred, mostly 3/4 extension slides. Ties up a lot of moola.

Dan Gill
10-11-2004, 2:24 PM
Warning - thread hijack!

Why use them at all?
This is good enuf for me and much, much easier on the pocketbook.
[

That looks great, Bob, but I have to ask - what are the oval or double-circle plugs in the back of that carcasse for?
:o

JayStPeter
10-11-2004, 2:46 PM
I'll also reccommend CSH. Just bought 5 28" FE and 3 20" FE. Good quality, even though the 20"ers were on closeout for being inferior.

Jay

Bob Smalser
10-11-2004, 3:00 PM
Warning - thread hijack!

That looks great, Bob, but I have to ask - what are the oval or double-circle plugs in the back of that carcasse for?
:o

Oh....it's so old I don't remember...probably for a kitchen TV.

Not trying to be argumentative about drawer slides, just reminding impoverished new woodworkers that there are other, cheaper ways to skin that cat.

Don Abele
10-11-2004, 7:33 PM
Bob, not argumentative at all. An excellent alternative depending on the situation. I use accuride glides for my dresser drawers, but for utility-type drawers that won't be holding much weight, I don't use any slides. The router table I am buidling now has 7 upper drawers that are on frames, the two lower, large drawers are on slides. All depends on the application.

Be well,

Doc

Scott Parks
10-11-2004, 11:21 PM
I had been saving some old 20" full extension slides for many years... Got tired of moving them around the garage, so my wife sold all 10 sets for a whopping $10! Now I want them back! Wish I never agreed to let them go...

Dan Gill
10-12-2004, 9:19 AM
Oh....it's so old I don't remember...probably for a kitchen TV.

Thanks, Bob. Considering what I don't know, I thought there might be some esoteric function I'd never heard of.

John Gregory
11-03-2004, 12:24 PM
Last night we installed some full extension draw slides we purchased from cshardware.com, 22" at $6.99 each. Don Abele recommended this source.

We are extremely please with the quality and price of these slides. And I want to thank Don and the others for their suggestions and for sharing their experience with purchasing this type of draw slides. It is really a comfort to have such a resourse as the members of SMC to help one make wise choices in purchases.

Thanks all.

John and Kris Gregory