PDA

View Full Version : I would like to apologize....

keith ouellette
12-23-2009, 6:40 PM
I have thought over things for a bit and now that I think of things clearly I feel like a real TOOL.

I want to apologize to all those people in our country who have been looking for work and can't find it and to all the people who know some one in the same situation. I'm like a guy who is complaining to a paraplegic and looking for sympathy because of a missing pinky.

I really had no right to whine when so many people are out of work. I've been employed since I was 10 (summers of course) and all through my adult life with no interruption at all. My income may be getting smaller but it still exists so I'm pretty lucky indeed.

Merry Christmas to everyone and God bless. I am truely thankful and will do better to remember it from now on.

Jay Jolliffe
12-23-2009, 6:46 PM
I think if they knew they were letting you go it should of been done with a little more compasion than the way you said it was done. I don't think you need to appoligize.....They do.

Dave Schreib
12-23-2009, 7:36 PM
I think that's the right frame of mind to have when you approach this short term crisis. Maybe consider this - do a little volunteer work at a childrens hospital, old folks home, inner city community center etc. My personal experience is that helping others who are less fortunate always makes you feel a little more positive about your own situation. Just a suggestion.

Bob Borzelleri
12-23-2009, 7:52 PM
Keith...

My impression from your post was that had the message been communicate to you in a more respectful manner, you probably wouldn't have made the post. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed to me that the confluence of losing an account for no apparent good reason, an inept deliverer of the bad news and the holidays laid the groundwork for your post.

I didn't perceive an "unworthy" complaint.

...Bob

Chris Kennedy
12-23-2009, 9:49 PM
There is always someone worse off from you, and maybe that helps maintain some perspective.

That being said, you always need to rant. You have to blow off steam, rail at the world, and then move on. Once it is off your chest, that is when you start to see the bigger picture and get the perspective I mentioned above.

I haven't posted in your other thread because I couldn't add anything, but I think your reaction -- your frustration -- is perfectly normal. And your friends will treat you and those who are in harder situations the same -- with a hope that things will improve for everyone, and a desire to make that happen.

Merry Christmas,

Chris

Ken Fitzgerald
12-23-2009, 10:49 PM
Keith,

You had every right to post this.

Everyone needs a safety valve to bleed off the extra pressures that life sometimes places on us.

There will always be someone worse off than me. There will always be someone better off than me. I am me and I do the best that I can to play the cards I'm dealt.

I am glad you felt comfortable enough here to express yourself freely.

Merry Christmas Keith!.... And a healthy and prosperous New Year!

glenn bradley
12-24-2009, 1:53 AM
No worries Keith. That was a pretty crummy experience especially considering the background story on the account and your commitment to the work. I'll be hoping something better comes along to fill that void. Hang in there.

John Shuk
12-24-2009, 12:36 PM
We all have to go through what we go through. Just because someone else might be worse off doesn't mean you don't need to share it.