PDA

View Full Version : Something for the Grand Daughter

Ron Ainge
12-23-2009, 1:08 PM
Here is a few shots of the latest box that I made for the Grand Daughters Christmas present. These pictures do not do it justice but they are the best that I was able to get on short notice. The box turning was made into a ring box so that my wife could give her a ring that has some memories for her family. That is why there is a black post in the center on the dish side of the bos. I put a ear ring stud in the top for a little extra bling. All Comments welcome.

Happy Holidays to All

charlie knighton
12-23-2009, 1:41 PM
i am sure she will treasure it, very nice

Mike Golka
12-23-2009, 2:04 PM
Well done, very nice.

Mauricio Ulloa
12-23-2009, 2:25 PM
Very nice gift! This is appreciated even more later in life.....! Amazing work!:)

John Keeton
12-23-2009, 2:33 PM
Ron, that is an interesting piece of work! What kind of wood did you use, and is that a dye application? Hard to tell from the pics.

Steve Schlumpf
12-23-2009, 4:48 PM
Very impressive lidded box! Love the design! I am sure your granddaughter will treasure it! Very nice work!

Bernie Weishapl
12-23-2009, 7:13 PM
That is beautiful Ron. She will love and cherish that for sure. Well done.

Ron Ainge
12-23-2009, 8:52 PM
Thanks for all of the nice comments. The wood that I used for this turning was Cotton Wood. The dark spot that you see in the edge of the base unit is coffee grounds stabelized with C A. The red is a analyne dye that I get from a local paint shop. I wish you could see it in person because the pictures are not very good. I had problems eith the high gloss on it and I think that is why I am not happy with the pictures.

Jim Kountz
12-24-2009, 5:18 AM
Gorgeous box Ron, what a special gift too!!

David E Keller
12-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Very nice... Reminds me a bit of a poinsetta. I'm sure she'll be thrilled

Bill Bolen
12-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Great use of an active imagination! Quite unique and very pretty jewlery box. The piercing really brings it to life..Bill..