PDA

View Full Version : This was the Plan

Tyler Howell
10-11-2004, 8:52 AM
This was the master plan when I bought the Ridgid MSUV for my shop. Real stable in either posn. 4 bolts and you have a road show for this or the SCMS:cool:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=12573

Ken Fitzgerald
10-11-2004, 8:56 AM
Tyler....I mistakenly bought the last Delta version the local BORG had....a couple of weeks later the Ridgid was available. In my old shop that Ridgid would have been invaluable....I was wishing I'd waited and bought the Ridgid as the Delta won't "freestand" like that Ridgid. Nice Score!

Kelly C. Hanna
10-11-2004, 9:31 AM
Ken...sell the Delta on ebay! I got $175 for mine a couple of years ago.

Tyler...great idea! I may have to do that as well when I get a new planer.

Bob Winkler
10-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Tyler,

Looks good with a planer on top. I bought the Ridgid SUV a month ago for my CMS and was impressed how well it worked and was put together. I also considered another one for a planer for the garage to "prep" the wood before it got to my basement shop.

Bob

Michael Ballent
10-11-2004, 12:04 PM
No you have me thinking :). Is the $99 price the usual price or was that on sale. I seem to remember that price before.

Frank Pellow
10-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Looks good Tyler! Thanks for the idea.

Marshall Harrison
10-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Looks great Tyler. I need to do someting like that as I don't have much room for a shop and I need as much as possible to be mobile.

James Carmichael
10-11-2004, 5:01 PM
No you have me thinking :). Is the $99 price the usual price or was that on sale. I seem to remember that price before.

I belive those are regularly $199, so $99 rates a full-fledged gloat.

Hal Flynt
10-13-2004, 6:02 PM
You guys have all the luck. My Big Blue has it for $175.

Tyler Howell
10-13-2004, 6:31 PM
$199.00 was price when I went looking, 100+tax day of buy. 145.00 last week.
I really like it. She's heavy for hauling up stairs but the big wheels help.

Lloyd Frisbee
10-13-2004, 6:40 PM
Our local HD has it for $149 regular price. Resisting temptation to pick it up for my new Makita 12 CMS I just picked up at Lowes on sale. All my tools are on wheels so I can get them out of my closet of a workshop.

Jerry Olexa
10-13-2004, 6:45 PM
Tyler Great score!! And will be great when in good weather, you can Plane away outside. (watch out for stray bullets) Dust and chips are easier to deal with. Good job. How do you like your DeWalt planer?

John Miliunas
10-13-2004, 9:59 PM
Hey Tyler, that's a pretty slick setup you scored! That planer is a heavy brute and those wheels must help to motor it around, even outside the shop! :) That's really OK, dude! And all for a great deal, to boot! :cool:

Tyler Howell
10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Tyler Great score!! And will be great when in good weather, you can Plane away outside. (watch out for stray bullets) Dust and chips are easier to deal with. Good job. How do you like your DeWalt planer?Real Happy with the Planer First one I've really worked with so I don't have much to compare.
Here's a one for you Jerry. Don't even have to turn the DC on it fills the bags by itself. Very little residue in the lines after use.:cool:

John Miliunas
10-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Real Happy with the Planer First one I've really worked with so I don't have much to compare.
Here's a one for you Jerry. Don't even have to turn the DC on it fills the bags by itself. Very little residue in the lines after use.:cool:

Don't know about not turning on the DC system, as mine would have to make its way UP the hose, into 6" ducts and two wyes! BUT, it does a great job. Reversed the blades on mine last weekend. Boy, did they do their homework on this little unit! :) The efficient dust collection, which Tyler alludes to, keeps the inside area almost 100% spotless and chip-free! The built-in wrench/magnet makes the swap painless. Whole thing, start to finish (and first time I've ever done it on that machine!) was under 15 min. and I was back to making chips! :D

Say Tyler, wouldn't your Dewalt work a bit better if the cutting head was just a *bit* closer to the wood?! :D :cool:

Tyler Howell
10-14-2004, 8:35 AM
Say Tyler, wouldn't your Dewalt work a bit better if the cutting head was just a *bit* closer to the wood?! :D :cool:
This was a test John! You pass.