PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 1591EVSK 6.4 Amp Barrel Grip Jigsaw

Brandon Weiss
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Anybody have this saw? I'm thinking of picking it up, found it at a good price. $150. Advice, comments, pros, cons? Thanks!

Mike Henderson
12-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-1591EVSK-Barrel-Grip-Jigsaw/dp/B00067J3WS/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IBDU1G6UNJL78&colid=2M1XMQFRF5982)has it a bit cheaper with free shipping.

Mike

glenn bradley
12-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Have one. Love it. If it died (not likely) I would run right out and buy another. Some folks prefer the top grip (1590) I like the barrel.

Howard Boehm
12-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I have had various jigsaws in the past and I never wanted to use them as they were lacking in control and performance. Then I got the Bosch and the barrel grip and its a dream saw. I do believe the new blades they make for these saws are what make it a viable saw. The progressor blades go through wood like it was all balsa wood. Buy this saw and you will never regret it.

Erik Frederiksen
12-23-2009, 12:13 PM
It is the best jig saw made that I am aware of and a bargain to boot.

Brian W Evans
12-23-2009, 12:20 PM
I have this saw and have used it extensively for both construction and woodworking. It is a trade-up from a Dewalt D-handle jig saw, and there really is no comparison - the Bosch is like a different tool. I would buy one again in a heartbeat - no hesitation.

I have found that the barrel grip gives me more control, so I'll also probably never go back to D-handles.

You should stock up on Bosch Progressor blades while you're at it. Since I tried these, I can't see using anything else.

Rick Moyer
12-23-2009, 1:52 PM
Can't do better than the Bosch jigsaw IMO. This tool seems to have the highest percentage of favorable opinions than any other tool. If you currently have a cheap jigsaw you'll me amazed how well this one works in comparison.

Garrett Ellis
12-23-2009, 1:57 PM
agree with all of the above. got one, love it, x2 on amazon. i always keep an eye on the tools i want from there hoping to catch a good deal along with free shipping.

the only thing i have noticed about the barrel grip is that it can get pretty warm after extended use, but its nothing to keep me from using it. i still like it way better than a top handle.

get one!

Michael Heffernan
12-23-2009, 2:56 PM
Everyone has already stated all the pros about this jigsaw. I also have one and it's the best on the market, IMO. Blade change is a snap.
Definitely get a variety of blades when you order one. They sell a starter kit of blades for about $14.
Stick with the barrel grip, as everyone noted. Better control than a D-handle.

Mike Reinholtz
12-23-2009, 3:06 PM
I have this model as well and love it, extremely accurate and very smooth. I also agree with the comments on the Bosch blades, they are worth every penny. I replaced a Bosch D handle with this barrel grip and although it may be partly due to my technique, I find the Barrel to be much more accurate on curved cuts. The D handle was replaced because my neighbor borrowed it and it got stolen.

Now I'm selfish and no one borrows my stuff.:D

Augusto Orosco
12-23-2009, 3:06 PM
Love mine. Was initially worried about the barrel grip because I have small hands, but it was a non-issue. +1 on everything everyone has said so far.

Ed Kilburn
12-23-2009, 9:40 PM
Buy your own, your not getting mine. Love the saw, I've had most of the others, but when this one can along the others went out the door. The only one I wished I'd held on to is an old crapsman that had a knob on the top to turn the blade, it worked for tight spots that I couldn't turn the whole saw.

Brandon Weiss
12-24-2009, 8:09 AM
Thank you all for the advice. About the only negative comments I've been able to find are regarding the heat coming off the motor, but I don't think that will be too big of a deal. I bought it off Amazon.com. Total cost ended up being about $240. Of course, that includes a $98 haircut for the wife to make my "extra" xmas present go down a little easier....:)

It should be here by Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it!

Jason White
12-24-2009, 8:56 AM
I have one and recommend it highly.

Jason

Anybody have this saw? I'm thinking of picking it up, found it at a good price. $150. Advice, comments, pros, cons? Thanks!

Jason White
12-24-2009, 8:59 AM
Some of the heat will go away after you've broken the saw in.

It will always run warm, however.

Jason

Thank you all for the advice. About the only negative comments I've been able to find are regarding the heat coming off the motor, but I don't think that will be too big of a deal. I bought it off Amazon.com. Total cost ended up being about $240. Of course, that includes a $98 haircut for the wife to make my "extra" xmas present go down a little easier....:)

It should be here by Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it!

Steve Rozmiarek
12-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Love mine! The only advantage of something else is that the barrel grip looses the ability to vary the speed on the fly easily. I'll take the better control over that though.

Jacob Mac
12-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I have the top grip, and I really like it. I wouldn't want to use any other grip. But that is obviously just personal preference. With the new Bosch blades, I think you will find that it becomes one of your favorite tools. I find myself reaching for it all the time.

bill mullin
12-24-2009, 11:51 AM
I have an old one that needs fixed. I bought a DeWalt top handle for the interim, but much prefer the Bosch barrel grip.

Drew Loehr
12-24-2009, 11:59 AM
I have the 1590 and think it is the greatest thing sense Joey Logano (sliced bread).
Might buy a 1591 just to have it.... I like em that much!

Garrett Ellis
12-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Does anyone have the dust collection attatchment for their Bosch jigsaw? Wondering if it's worth it... The 'blower' on mine doesn't seem to help much